cheating or not?

Lately I found an article written by my DH talking abt his life, his family and also his ex wife. he was saying that he feels sorry for her because she was part of his life although she was very nice. he mentionned that there was a lack of love which contribute to the divorce. He begun the article with a short sentence that he loves me eventhough we can t agree on many things.
is this supposed to be cheating on me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:04 PM on Apr. 30, 2010 in Relationships

• i dont know how you got cheating out of this.
    Anonymous

• OP here: emotinal cheating?
    Anonymous

• are you meaning he's cheating on you with his ex wife? You never mention that they are even talking.... to be cheating.. even emotionally.. you have to have someone else involved.
    Anonymous

• they don t talk, or see each other but I think that even thinking abt someone else should be a cheating act?
    Anonymous

• An emotional affair is when he's pouring out his heart and soul to someone who is not his wife.. and them coming home and not talking to his wife.
    Thinking about someone else is not cheating... you have to act on it.
    If you think he's thinking about leaving you for his ex wife.. then maybe try to spice up your relationship. Date night.. more sex.. more conversations.
    Anonymous

• Dear OP....

Do you think that because he is now married to YOU he should NEVER think back about his first wife. NEVER think about the good times they had. NEVER consider how she might have felt or feels now? If so, I think that is horribly selfish of you. SHE was VERY important to him... hell he proposed to her, married her, and was making a life with her.

It ran its course... it ended.  It is over. (unless you over lapped and are part of the reason for his divorce) YOU are NOW his life.  He chose to propose to YOU.  He chose to marry YOU.  He is now making a life with YOU.

We ALL have a past... it helps to make us who we are today.... let it be.

Anonymous

• Unless this article says he's still in love with her, wishing to be with her again, or something along those lines, no, he's not cheating, emotionally or otherwise. At least, not on the basis of this article alone. I can't say if there's anything else he's doing that might be cheating. But this alone is not.

We all have a history. We all have other people that we were with, that we loved and/or cared about, lusted after, slept with (except for those that waited). Those people, those relationships, are what make us who we are today. My boyfriend would be a different man if not for his failed relationships; I would be a different woman w/o mine. We wouldn't have the tools we have and the commitment we have if we hadn't gone thru those experiences before coming together. Your hubby wouldn't be who he is w/o them, and you might not love him the same way without those experiences. Don't read so much into this.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 5:08 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• Anon :42 said it best.

I would think that it would be strange NOT to reminisce about your past. It sounds to me that you are LOOKING for a reason to accuse him.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 5:16 PM on Apr. 30, 2010