What is a reasonable price to ask....

My husband has a Playstation 2 and a LOAD of games for it. Since it has all set in a closet for a very long time, he has agreed to get rid of it (I have been trying to clear out the clutter in our home). What would be a reasonable price to ask for it (I realize that, with the individual games, it all depends)? Would it be better to sell it on craigslist, at a pawn shop, etc? I figured that most of you have gamer husbands you can ask (or perhaps some of you are gamers yourselves).

KarmicChild

Asked by KarmicChild at 4:06 PM on Apr. 30, 2010 in Just for Fun

• check ebay ..i really dont know we are pc gamers only.
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 4:10 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• I just sold my husbands he had about 20 games witg it i sold it for 50 the pawn shop only wanted to give 20. I put it in our local news paper.
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 4:10 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• We have several "game stop" shops around that buy used games and consoles. I don't know how much you would get for them. I bought my daughter all used playstation 2 stuff because I didn't want to pay the high price of the newer consoles. The last time I was in they said they are not even going to make any of the new games in playstation 2 format. So soon it will be obsolete.

BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 4:10 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• I don't think you can sell the PS2 for any more than 20 by itself, beings you can get them through walmart brand new for around $50. The games are going cheap too, if they're even still selling them, last I saw, $10 a pop brand new. You might throw them in a box, put 'em on craigslist, and say something like, "$75 obo."
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 4:19 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• 100 bucks.
    goldilocks70

Answer by goldilocks70 at 4:23 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• Take it to Gamestop. You can get cash or credit. I know for a fact that PS2 games do not fetch a lot of money though.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 4:27 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• put it all on ebay- look and see what they go for with the equivelant amount of games...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 5:21 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• put it on ebay- some serious gamers will buy it all for the games and refurbish/trade/sell the system. You could price it at 10 for the system and 1 or 2 per game, depending on the game of course, and the overall condition. If people bid it could go higher than that.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 5:35 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• 75 dollars with all the games. Ps2 are worth nothing now.
    akmami0f4

Answer by akmami0f4 at 5:49 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• You might get 75 at the MOST for one of them. They really aren't worth much any more unfortunately.
    Anonymous