Grandma's on mother's day

I thought this year for mothers day I would do it from my 4mo old dd since she is the first grandchild on both sides of our family. I bought matching books talking about how wonderful grandmas are and am putting pictures of the baby in there. I also got the baby a shirt that says "grandma's sweeat heart" that I'm going to have her wear when we go see our moms. Money is really tight for us, so that is about all we can afford to do. But should I do something from dh and I also, or do you think the stuff with the baby will be enough? What do you do for mothers day?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:11 PM on Apr. 30, 2010 in Just for Fun

• That will be plenty I promise. Pictures are awesome. Try to put a baby hand print in there some how. Trace her hand. I to this day love finger prints on my windows.
    Anonymous

• In addition to that, I'd give a card from the both of you. I usually buy a gift from all of us, and a card. Your gifts sound great.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 4:20 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• Just put yours and DH's names also on the books you are giving them. What you are doing is cute and special. I'm sure they will love it. Happy first Mother's Day!
    Anonymous

• Maybe just get a couple of nice cards to go with what you've already gotten. We grandmotherly types love the pictures. You can find cards for 50 cents apiece at the Dollar Tree or Dollar General or Family Dollar.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 4:21 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• I like your idea, I think the grandmas would love it! Here is what I do for Mother's Day-- my sis and I plan out a home cooked meal and we cook it at our mom's house for our mom and I invite my mil to the meal as well. Both my mom and my mil really like having a home cooked meal (they are both single) and they like not having to cook and have clean up afterward. They also enjoy chatting with each other and of course seeing the grandkids (my kids). For gifts-- my hubs usually gives his mom a gift card, and my mom I give her a dvd, music cd or a book by her favorite author.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 4:22 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• We just do cards (all of our mom's grandmom's live out of state). I get a mom card for my mom and step mom and sign it from me and hubby. Then I also get them grandma cards and have the kids sign them. I also get sister cards for my sisters from me and hubby and aunt cards from the kids. I get a grandma card for my grandmom and we all sign it. I usually take something and put it on my mother in laws grave from all of us.
    LorisChar

Answer by LorisChar at 5:01 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• That sounds fine. I am going to plant a sunflower seed in a cup for DD and *try* to trace DD's hand and use that as a card from her; they'll love it:) From us we are probably going to get them cards since we should be able to afford it this year.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 5:27 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• thats nice, but did you know about Grandparents day?

its September 12 (I think)
    Anonymous