do dollar store pregnancy tests work?

i want to know how many have used them and they were accurate, that's all :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:39 PM on Apr. 30, 2010 in Just for Fun

• From what i've been told about them, ...yes.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 4:42 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• they are good if you have already missed your period, it usually wont pick up early very well. i used a first response (2 of them) when i was 2 weeks late and i barely got a read, but i tried the dollar store brand and it came up clearer and darker that same afternoon than the first response. walmart brand is also really good and picks up fairly early too
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 4:43 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• yes they are just as accurate as the doctor and the walmart brand and all that. the only thing about the dollar store is that when the other stores are done with a product or they discontinue it the dollar stor normally buys it out and sells it in there store. there really isnt no difference from other stores and the dollar store, only that the dollar store is cheeper.
    19_klayton

Answer by 19_klayton at 4:43 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• Yes i used them four times 2 neg 2 positive. Right everytime.
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 4:44 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• I'VE NEVER SPENT MORE THAN $2 ON A PREGNANCY TEST! and every time it's been dead on.

bestmommyeber

Answer by bestmommyeber at 4:46 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• They work. They are the tests that most free clinics use.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 4:46 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• If you are secreting HCG, it's going to show up on the test regardless of whether it is name brand or off brand.
    Anonymous

• I'm sure they work, but I would be concerned over their accuracy! When it comes to finding out if you're pregnant or not, I would want to spend more on the name brand "deluxe" HPT! LOL

Kind of like when I was on the pill...I never felt comfortable getting the generic brand--even if it was the exact same formula as the brand name, and would request that my prescription stated brand only, no substitutions!! LOL
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 5:04 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• Yep. Unfailingly accurate, darn them ;) Of course, by the time I got a pos with DD, I was almost 8 weeks, so there was no way I was going to get a negative lol. Just wait until you miss your period and test the next day, and maybe the week after. THe results should be accurate unless you gewt a dud test.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 5:16 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• I found out about three weeks that, yes, they do. Don't congratulate me or anything. I was helping my friend move and she gave me a purse she didn't want anymore. It was empty except for three "positive" pregnancy tests from the dollar store. Hahaha.
    BethLopez

Answer by BethLopez at 6:00 PM on Apr. 30, 2010