About to move!! YEA!!

Ok ladies I am FINALLY getting out of the inlaws house!!! YEA GO ME lol sorry excited if you can't tell. But I'm trying to make sure I have everything done to where its a quick and simple weekend move. Anything you do to help yourself remember things, I have several places to get stuff from, storage, parents house, dad storage, here, dh's grandmas house. I THINK i have everything ready, just trying to be thorough. THANKS

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:51 PM on Apr. 30, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Congratulations on getting away from the in-laws! I KNOW how exciting that can be! We visited my MIL for 7 weeks once and I thought I'd go CRAZY! lol.

Anyway, we've moved a few times so I'll share what's helped me.
    1st- Don't be shy to accept help from anyone! You'll be surprised at how overwhelmed you can get, and helpers will be your best friend! lol.
    2nd- Try to pack everything according to the room they go in. It will make it much easier when it comes to unpacking. If you can get a few people with trucks to bring stuff to the house, keep a few people to STAY at the house to unpack as things come.
    3rd- Designate 2 people or so to each room .Have 2 people in bedrooms to make bed, hang clothes, yada-yada, 2 in kitchen to put up food, dishes & all that. Also try to hang pics as you go so they don't get broken.
    4- Relax. It will all get done. It can be stressful, but take a radio and try to also make it fun for the helpers.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 5:04 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• When you get everything moved in. Put the beds up first. Then find the bathroom stuff. Then find the kitchen stuff. Bedrooms, bathrooms, kitchen are the places you will use the most right away. DH was Army. We moved every 3 years for 20 years. So this is from experience.

Answer by louise2 at 5:24 PM on Apr. 30, 2010