8 days?

Why did it take Obama 8 days to respond to the oil rig tragedy? I was wondeing this about day 3 when we hadn't heard from him. They are making it to be the end of humanity and yet you didn't hear a peep out of Obama or any other sector of our government. If Bush had waited 8 days to respond to Katrina the Libs would be beside themselves crucifying him

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 5:50 PM on Apr. 30, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Lol ~ Bush had every state BUT LA ready and set up three days before Katrina hit and they STILL crucified him. Nevermind Nagin who didn't read his own evac plans or send out the buses .... nevermind Blanco who 'didn't know she was supposed to cut loose her NG to the feds' ... nope, that was all Bush's fault. I still rant about the dummies that didn't take the 'at least three days of food and water with them to the dome'. Pbtthhhh.

Obama can't seem to get things together enough to be on top of Iran's nukes. He's been too busy playing patty cake with our enemies, and now he's worried about the midterm elections and losing his majority in Congress to pay much attention to that oil slick.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 6:01 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• "He's been too busy playing patty cake with our enemies..."

LOL!
    I don't know why, but this reminds me of a friend I had when I was a very little girl who had a favorite game called "Dr.-On-Bottom" in which she had her friends pull down their pants and she would use her toy doctor kit on them. Hmmmm.....
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 6:10 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• I still rant about the dummies that didn't take the 'at least three days of food and water with them to the dome'. Pbtthhhh.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!Exactly! Those people KNEW that shelter do NOT provide you with those things and they STILL expected it. Heck I will DITTO the entire first half of your statement! Its INSANE that people jumped all over Bush......while Naggin HID OUT.  And the IDIOTS voted Naggin BACK IN >:(  You will not hear Obama crucified over this OR the gas prices that have gone up since HE is in office OR anything else...the man HIMSELF takes responsibility for NOTHING! And I swear if he says one more time "let me make myself clear" I am going to go  nuts! WHY hasnt SNL parodied  this yet! LOL

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 6:35 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• Oh, they responded earlier, with this statement:   

WASHINGTON (AP) — White House spokesman Robert Gibbs says the explosion at an oil rig in the Gulf of Mexico is no reason to give up plans to expand offshore drilling.

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/content/topstories/story/White-House-Oil-spill-no-reason-to-stop-drilling/S5eFfZH_VkSFS8jNKgEzdA.cspx

It's funny, days later and now they are suddenly concerned about it. 

mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 7:44 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• .the man HIMSELF takes responsibility for NOTHING!

And the media and his blind followers enable it.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 7:49 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• The Federal respose was very quick especially the Coastguard and the Military when the rig exploded and sank. Are you so keen to catch Obama out that all you do is wait for him, personally, to appear in the media and give the call to action ? If you had watched CNN you would have had a better idea of what was done. But I suppose CNN is too liberal .
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 10:20 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• Why not janet he is constantly in the media otherwise.Alway's in the media
    Anonymous

• As for you Janet, I wrote on her at about day 3 that I wondered why Obama hadn't said anything. He wasn't quiet when the mine exploded. Why are you making excuses for him?
    It doesn't matter what he says now. You think the environmentalists will ever let another rig flow? They and many in congress will have these permits tied up for years. Right now , like a bunch of idiots, they are trying to have drilling stopped permanently .
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 5:23 PM on May. 1, 2010