Unhealthy? Yes? No?

So, I'm at the end of my BC cycle (supposed to have started the water pills two days ago), BUT, we are dead broke until next week and I'm out of pads, so I just opened a new one and am taking the BC pills til I have pads. I figured it's not that bad since people on Seasonique only have 3 or 4 periods a year, and part of the reason I'm on them is to regulate my period cuz it's so random, but then I got to wondering if it's bad because that much Lo-Ovral in my system without a break once a month would be harmful? What thinkest thou?

charliebean

Asked by charliebean at 6:01 PM on Apr. 30, 2010 in Health

• I am on was seasoniqe but it was really expensive and my insurance would not cover it my doctor said it was exactly the same as countincsly taking a regular birth control pill and she gave me the regular pills and said i could take them just as i did the seasoniqe
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 6:54 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• I used to do that all the time when I was on the pill. If I was going on vacation or had some kind of event that I didn't want to be on my period for I would just completely skip my period that month.
    laciD

Answer by laciD at 6:04 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• Your prescription will run out sooner then it is suppose to. You know that right.

Answer by louise2 at 6:11 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• sounds like a good way to get confused and accidently get yourself pregnant.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 6:18 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• I don't think doing it once would kill you, honestly. Usually you only delay it, though, not skip it entirely. :)
    BethLopez

Answer by BethLopez at 6:54 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• Louise, I get my prescriptions from the VA and they always send me way more then I actually need, and they're free for me, so all I have to do is call and they'll send me three more. I actually have a nine month supply right now.
    charliebean

Answer by charliebean at 7:59 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• Shay- how? It's birth control. How do you figure I'd get confused and get pregnant if I keep taking it? You'd think I'd be less likely to get pregnant.
    charliebean

Answer by charliebean at 8:02 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• Thanks, Robin. I feel better now. :)
    charliebean

Answer by charliebean at 8:05 PM on Apr. 30, 2010