why do police even bother saying "calm down"?

sorry, but i have to get this out. my best friend just called me with one of the worst things i've ever heard in my life. her husband's uncle (who babysat their 8 year old daughter on a few occations) was just arrested on charges of child pornography. she went to the police station,where she was shown pictures of her 8 year old daughter naked, in sexually suggestive poses. when she went absolutely histarical, ranting out loud all o the things she was going to do to this man when she next saw him, the detective told her to "calm down, and let the law handle it." after a little research, we discovered he will most likely only serve 4 yrs in prison, and have to register as a sex offender. meanwhile, her 8 yr olds naked body is floating all over the internet. where is the justice? why shouldn't my friend have her day with this man? i'm so fed up with this sex offender bullshit! shoot them all in the face! in the name of the kids!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:25 PM on Apr. 30, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• The law is bull****. I can tell you right now if it were my kid they'd need to lock me up because as soon as I got my hands on that sorry SOB, I'd beat him within in inch of his life... and then beat his @#$ some more. Maybe with age comes wisdom and i'll learn how to better handle situations like this, but for now. I'd burn this world to the ground over some %*#% like this.

They should give your friend a baseball bat and leave her in a room with him for a few minutes.
    Anonymous

• I agree...here in Alaska our laws are ridiculous to....a person who shoots some one 15 years...... a nasty disqusting pervert maybe 10 if we are lucky!!!!!!Sickos!! thank god we can at least some what track them!!!! Horrible story a subject that will alwayz piss me off!!!!
    lendales_mommi

Answer by lendales_mommi at 6:42 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• I dunno! When my middle child was 1 she hit her head and was kncoked unconscious so I called 911 and of course was hysterical thinking my baby may die days after her b-day. The firefighters were yelling at me to calm down! My son was 2 and I was probably scaring him but how do you calm down when your kid is limp in your arms?

So I have no clue why they say that. Most any parent would be a spaz if that happened!
    Anonymous

• That is so awful!!!! I'd be under the jail if that happened to my child because I'd kill that you-know-what before the sun went down. The law does NOTHING to protect innocent children and everything to protect evil monsters like the uncle who took naked pictures of that little girl. All I can say is, he better watch out because prisoners don't take too kindly to people who do things to children. I hope he gets his just rewards in prison.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 10:09 AM on May. 1, 2010

• Probably because her child would be a lot worse off is the mother ran out and killed the guy!
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 8:21 AM on May. 5, 2010