shredding chicken...HELP!

so i usually just boil chicken until it shreds on it's own. i started too late, and it's looking like i need to shred the rest by hand. is it still going to be tender? should i just leave it alone, and have a late dinner?

bestmommyeber

Asked by bestmommyeber at 6:52 PM on Apr. 30, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I think it should be fine doing it by hand. What are you making? :)
    BethLopez

Answer by BethLopez at 6:54 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• shredded chicken sandwiches! if you've never heard of it, i wouldn't be surprised. i'm told it's a yankee thing? lol i don't know but it sure is good!

bestmommyeber

Answer by bestmommyeber at 6:56 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• I always shred it myself by hand. It will be fine.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 6:57 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• I usually boil it until it is done then I let it cool off then I start shredding it by hand all of it. And sometimes like to out a little salt as I do it and eat a little along the way...Are you making Tacos or Enchiladas or what? sounds good either Way I love chicken.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 6:57 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• What does shredded chicken sandwich consist of?
    I love chicken oohh did I just say that...I think we are going to have chicken tonight :)
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 7:01 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• shredded chicken sandwiches are awesome and easy to make. all it is is shredded chicken, cream of chicken soup, crushed ritz crackers, and a little bit of pepper. pile on a bun and enjoy! some people use 1 part cream of chicken, 1 part cream of mushroom. pm me for the actual recipe. thanks ladies! i finished the job by hand, and dinner is still on!
    bestmommyeber

Answer by bestmommyeber at 7:12 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• I guess I was just going to say that if you're using a sauce or something with it then it should definitely be fine. I feel sometimes that cooking chicken in liquid for a really long time makes it a little drier to me. Heh. I'm hungry.
    BethLopez

Answer by BethLopez at 7:16 PM on Apr. 30, 2010