Any ideas on what food I can make for my daughter's tea party?

I don't want to spend very much money, and I don't want to get stressed out about it. So I need something simple and inexpensive, but yet cute and classy. Any ideas?

peace1234

Asked by peace1234 at 7:28 PM on Apr. 30, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• how old is she? how much time do you have?

we had a tea party a few weeks ago for dinner.

I made lemon tarts, mini muffins, cut fruit in fun shapes with little skewers, mini pizzas
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 7:31 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• tea cookies, I don't know if you have a costco, but there are some little lemon tea cookies that are great with hot beverages. You can also easily aquire the recipe for them.
    Anonymous

• She is 9, and I like the idea of mini pizzas. I have till Sunday. I was thinking of making mini cupcakes with a really pretty frosting or maybe making them into a pull-apart cake in the shape of a flower, since the theme is "Spring".
    peace1234

Answer by peace1234 at 7:34 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• Bento boxes with sandwiches and cookies. Use cookie cutters to make little shaped finger sandwiches, or to place cheeses on top. (Flowers, etc.) I am not describing very well... Hope you can envision! :)

Have the girls decorate their own cupcakes or sugar cookies for dessert in spring colors. Set up sprinkles and several pastel frostings. Let them get creative!

Are you making actual hot tea? Maybe a hot spiced friendship tea. I make mine with tang and lemonade. (easy to find recipe online.) It's very tasty. You can give little mugs with the recipe attached for the girls to take home.
    love2snorkel70

Answer by love2snorkel70 at 7:36 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• Definitely finger sandwiches...Here is a page that list recipes for the tea sandwiches.

http://www.greatpartyrecipes.com/teasandwichrecipes.html

Cream puffs are also a must. They seem like they would be hard to make, but they are soooo easy. Here is a recipe...

http://www.greatpartyrecipes.com/cream-puff-recipe.html

SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 8:03 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• Mini muffins or scones, mini quiches, fruit and veggies, and tiny finger sandwiches (egg or chicken salad), I do like the idea of the flower cake. :)
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 9:44 AM on May. 1, 2010