Do you think that some people's bodies are just not "meant" to be thin?

My husband and I are going to start Weight Watchers next week. Neither of us are obese, just need to lost 10-15 lbs and exercise more - we just want to be healthier. I just have been thinking....some peoples bodies are just not meant to be "thin". Even when I've dieted and eaten right, exercised, etc...my smallest size was an 8...and I was only able to stay there if I ate very very rigidly. I obsess so much about food w/in myself and my children. I'm trying to let it go.... I do not want to end up w/ an eating disorder. I just want to be healthy!

betsystipo

Asked by betsystipo at 7:32 PM on Apr. 30, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• i am fat and i hate it. i weight 255 since i had my daughter. i just had surgery 10 days ago, and it will be another several months before i am back to normal again. i guess i am just a fat momma. : (
    Anonymous

• I would much rather be fit and lean than Skinny.

skinny isn't always healthy.

on my way to fit and lean....but the scale says I'm overweight (darn scale) - I'm a size 10/12 tall. but I'm 6ft and 190.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 7:45 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• Yes.My husband has a really really hard time GAINING weight.He is so SKINNY.He is 6 foot and is 130.He can eat and eat and eat and not gain a pound.It just shows up on me :P So i do think that SOME people are just Bigger then others. Thats why we have BODY types.Pin up girls were big(average then)back then.Now if your eating a bucket of chicken every night and dont do crap then yeah thats your problem lol.BUT some just cant help it.
    Anonymous

• I think it works in the same way that some people have to struggle to gain weight in order to be healthy. Everyone has a different metabolic rate based on genetics, its not always as simple as blaming lifestyle.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 7:48 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• IMO there are 3 main body types: thin, average, and curvy. anyone can be a healthy weight for their body type, but one can't alter their body type altogether. it is dangerous to attempt it. i've suffered with ED all my life. i don't recommend aiming for thin if you happen to be average or curvy. just aim for healthy and you'll look great! GL

Anonymous

• Yes! My sister is a size 12/14 and no matter how hard she works out and eats right she just can't get much smaller than that. Her skinniest was a size 8 at her wedding, but she worked out 4 hours a day to get there. Now she works out at least 2 hours a day and is almost a 12. But she has been dieting and working out like that for over a year.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 8:18 PM on Apr. 30, 2010