please some one help me trying to stop breastfeeding and i hurt

ok my 14 month old has been off the boob for about a day but i am the size of a soccer ball and lumps and i really dont want to get clogged milk ducks but how can i dry my milk up faster please can any one help me

BrItTnEyStEeL

Asked by BrItTnEyStEeL at 7:36 PM on Apr. 30, 2010 in General Parenting

• dont quit cold turkey. drop a feeding a day. you can also put cabbage leaves and sudafed dries up milk. they also sell a tea call no more milk
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 7:37 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• oh man i do not look forward to this day. my daughter is 19 months. i am sure she will wean her self, but i am nervous still. that is our time togther. i will hate to let it go. : (
    Preggydyke

Answer by Preggydyke at 7:39 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• Yea you really really shouldn't stop cold turkey. For the lumps massage and hot showers don't compress your boobs in anyway that includes not laying on your side or stomach at night. GL
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 7:43 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• Express enough milk to relieve the pressure. You do know it can take up to a year for the milk to dry out completely.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:53 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• When my son weaned, he went gradually from nursing every 2-3 hours, to only nursing before nap and bedtime, to only nursing at bedtime. I still was swollen for about a week when he quit completely. Take hot showers and a pain reliever. I've heard cabbage leaves are good for the swelling and pain, but I didn't try them. I was in school at the time and couldn't imagine going around school with cabbage on my boobs!
    ohbladi

Answer by ohbladi at 9:36 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• Personally, I'd let her nurse and drop a feeding per week until done, but if you need to wean rapidly, or even just want to, the cabbage leaves DO work wonderfully I've heard.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 11:25 PM on Apr. 30, 2010