Is there any denomination of Christianity (other than Catholic)that prays for the dead and believes in a process after death?

I know you can find examples of purgatory in the bible. But do you have to be Catholic to be part of a beliefs that openly beliefs in purgatory?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:38 PM on Apr. 30, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Many non-Catholics believe in a final purification (aka purgatory).  The articles "Purgatory in All But Name" "Final Purification" give some examples.

eringobrough

Answer by eringobrough at 8:01 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• Mormons do a lot for the dead. They even get baptized in the name of someone (I did it for my grandma) who wasn't baptized during their life. Mormons believe in a place where people go after they die but before the Second Coming of Jesus. In this afterworld, people who havent learned about Jesus do and make the choice to believe in him.

Anonymous