What are you opinions of Planned Parenthood?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:52 PM on Apr. 30, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Love the place.Thanks to them I didn't end up a statistic ;)
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 7:58 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• Ditto #1
    Anonymous

• i think its great that they wanna help but a 12 year old?
    Anonymous

• To Planned Parenthood, "Pro-Choice" now means pro-abortion. Planned Parenthood operates nearly 850 abortion clinics through its 123 affiliates in the District of Columbia and all fifty states. (Although not all clinics perform abortions, all refer and counsel for them.) Planned Parenthood killed 244,628 babies in its clinics in calendar year 2003, the highest number in its 89-year history. It is the largest single provider of abortion services in the U.S. -- Planned Parenthood took in $810 million in the 2003-2004 fiscal year (ending 6/30/04), with $306.2 million coming from "Clinic Income" and $265.2 million coming from "Government Grants and Contracts" (i.e., out of the taxpayer's pocket). (With 33% of its total revenues derived from taxpayers, it is also easy to see why Planned Parenthood invests so much time, money, and effort in the political arena.
    BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 8:12 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• I think it serves a purpose. I am against abortion, but the services they offer for young girls is important. I went there at 17 to get on the pill and get condoms and so did my sisters. My mother would have been horrified if she knew. But it kept us safe and our friends. Fortunately my daughter won't have to sneak off and feel shamed for being interested in birth control. When she is ready I will take her to the doctor and pay for it myself.

BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 8:12 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• Also the biggest promoter of teen sex
    BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 8:14 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• No Blessed Mommy- Hormones are the biggest promoters of teen sex. Drugs and Alcohol a close second and third. PP is more interested in promoting safe sex. Better not to have the head firmly covered in the sand, imo.

Anonymous

• My opinon of PP is that they promote teen sex and abortion. I believe the PP clinics all need to be shut down. (Maybe if BC and abortions were not so readily available, our teens might think twice before acting all grown-up! Maybe...)
    29again

Answer by 29again at 8:30 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• 29 LOL!
    Anonymous

• ROFL!!  rolling on floor Yeah that will teach them to think twice! 

BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 8:35 PM on Apr. 30, 2010