Another question about baby carriers

Sorry, i realized i Need to be more specific about my question:, what is better a baby wrap , or the front carrier, the wrap looks like it's hard to put on and hot.
Do the front carriers (that aren't wraps) hard on a newborns neck?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:58 PM on Apr. 30, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i had both my kids in a front carrier. there hasnt been an issue with their necks. with my ds i loved it. with my dd it was a must because ds was 17 months and my dd was born with sleep apnea so she wore a monitor and when we were out in public it was better to have her in the carrier because people liked to stare at her
    knagsmom

Answer by knagsmom at 8:08 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• I think a wrap is better, because it's soft and stretchy and baby will be snug & cozy in it. It is a lot of fabric, which will be warm in the summer (which is why I purchased a new carrier). A front carrier like a Baby Bjorn or an Ergo or even one of the cheap Infantino ones still have to have to head support.
    Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 8:07 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• I used a front carrier with my 3rd and plan to use one again with my 5th (my 3rd was 7 when my 4th was born, no need to have one for him!). I watched my SIL struggle with a wrap and just watching her try to figure it out was more than confusing enough for me!

Answer by missanc at 8:15 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• depends on the material of the wrap - mine was a double woven cotton - it was warm some days but not really that bad.

a moby wrap is a lighter woven stretchy material (so's the cuddly wrap)

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 8:16 PM on Apr. 30, 2010