Do you think AZ's new law is Nazi-like, requiring people to show papers to prove their legal? Then this should really piss you off.

Isn't this more of the same?

National ID Card Included In Democratic Immigration Bill

The Democratic proposal includes increased money for border patrol and drug war agents, equipment, helicopters and unmanned drones. It would create a national ID -- which is dubbed a "biometric social security card." Though Democrats insist that it is not an ID card.

The AZ law CLAIMS it is not profiling, and but many people believe the law (which mimics Federal law) will be misused and abuse and racial profiling will occur. Despite what the Democrats claim, it appears this ID card will also be a tool for profiling and abuse.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:07 PM on Apr. 30, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I'm actually concerned of how I will socialize by DD as she gets older, as I don't want her to experience the mental games people put me through because of perception, by the way I looked.

You seem to be laboring under the delusion that the experience only happens to certain people. Every single person on earth will be singled out by one group or another, because of their skin tone, religion, hair color, body type, clothing, name, accent, how they make eye contact, whether they do or don't call people sir or ma'am, what kind of car they're driving, what neighborhood they're in, what state they're from. It's how the species works, so if you don't want your DD to deal with it, might as well lock her up in a closet now.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:26 AM on May. 1, 2010

• More details of the Democrats war against illegal aliens:

1. More Border Patrol officers
    2. More Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agents, worksite inspectors, document fraud investigators and drug-war agents
    3. The "installation of high-tech ground sensors throughout the southern border and for equipping all border patrol officers with the technological capability to respond to activation of the ground sensors in the area they are patrolling."
    4. More prosecution of drug smuggling, human trafficking and unauthorized border crossing

Anonymous

• Yes, the Democrats in Congress are now proposing prosecution of illegal aliens!   It's hideous!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/huffpost/20100430/cm_huffpost/557721

Anonymous

• i think you should have to have proof of being a legal citizen across the nation. it's rediculous that OUR tax money is going to illegal citizens, they're getting welfare and everything. i don't see how anyone should complain about this law.
    Anonymous

• If you ALREADY have a Driver's License, then you already have "papers" on you that you are required to show to law enforcement on demand! If you are in this country LEGALLY, you have nothing to fear. So what if you are asked to prove legality? If you're legit, a minute of your time will clear up any confusion ,and you can be on your way!

Do you "freak out" every time you are asked to show proof of identification when writing a personal check, when applying for a bank loan, when applying for a legal document such as a passport?!

What do you think of drunk driving checkpoints? Do you "freak out" if you are randomly stopped by law enforcement? Like I said, if you've done nothing wrong, you ave nothing to fear!

I suspect those who have an issue with this law, either ARE here illegally, or know someone near and dear to them that is! IN which case, I do not feel any sympathy for those who are breaking the law!!!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:23 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• I'm glad they want to crack down on illegal immigration! I say it's about frikken time!!! But I do not like the idea of a national ID card. Not one bit. Sounds too much like Revelations, and the mark of the Beast for my liking.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 8:26 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• Forgot to add, if you are already here LEGALLY, then you are REQUIRED to have your Green Card on you at ALL times, and be able to provide documentation to law enforcement on demand!!

This is NOTHING NEW...it's simply ENFORCEMENT of laws that are already on the books!!

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:26 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• Well where is all of the complaning and accusations of being like Nazi Germany now? Not a damn peep lol
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:24 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• LoriKeet

If you ALREADY have a Driver's License, then you already have "papers" on you that you are required to show to law enforcement on demand! If you are in this country LEGALLY, you have nothing to fear. So what if you are asked to prove legality? If you're legit, a minute of your time will clear up any confusion ,and you can be on your way!

I suspect those who have an issue with this law, either ARE here illegally, or know someone near and dear to them that is! IN which case, I do not feel any sympathy for those who are breaking the law.
    ~~~
    THIS
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 9:25 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• It's gonna snow or something, right, Lori? :o)
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 9:26 PM on Apr. 30, 2010