anyone had a VBAC after 2 or more Csections?

dh and i were talking about possibly wanting another baby way later on down the line, but i've had c sections with both my kids, (the second was an attempt vbac, but the doc pushed a c section, scared me into it saying i'd get an infection cuz it had been 6hrs after my water broke. it wasn't till later i found out you have 24hrs.) the doctor said you weren't allowed to have a vbac after 2...anyway i know how doctors like to lie about stuff so i was just wondering if it was true or not and if not then any success stories?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:15 PM on Apr. 30, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Your risk of rupturing goes up greatly because you have had 2 sections. Most doctors would tell you that they do NOT recommend trying it.
    pinkcicle709

Answer by pinkcicle709 at 11:00 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• I did a report on natural childbirth recently, and there are a lot of studies that point to vbacs being no more risky for uterine rupture than a normal labor would be without prior cesareans. I can look up the actual info if you want so you know I didn't just pull that out of my A**. lol. Anywho, unfortunately you'll be hard pressed to find a doctor who will do it though. You could ask the opinion of a midwife, If you don't want a midwife delivery, then she could probably refer you to a doctor who is a little more understanding of mothers wanting to go the natural route. Good luck!
    Anonymous

• also, along w/ pp anon- talk to some doulas in your area. they will also know more about dr's who are more willing if you do not want to go the route of a midwife.
    ican-online.org is a very resourceful site on VBAC's.
    the risk for uterine rupture is less than 1% in a VBAC and in a VBA2C i think it's less than 3%. i've been looking and can't find the number right now, but i know some mom out there has it saved. lol
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 1:47 AM on May. 1, 2010

• Get educated, confident, supported!  There are many women who do this-- it helps to have a provider who is skilled & supportive (probably not a surgeon).

Best wishes!

Vaginal Birth After Multiple Cesareans (VBAMC)

doulala

Answer by doulala at 11:05 PM on May. 1, 2010

• doulala

Answer by doulala at 11:08 PM on May. 1, 2010