my baby ate a cig butt....worry?

do I need to worry? I don't think she ate much of it. She is 11 months old.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:42 PM on Apr. 30, 2010 in General Parenting

• no all my kids did it at least once whether they found it on the ground outside or my ashtray they were always fine although tey found out real quick it didn't taste good
    jen699

Answer by jen699 at 8:44 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• thank you so much!
    Anonymous

• I think she'll be fine, try giving her some water.. if you want try to find any cleaning product and get the pison control number, you could ask them anything and they will tell you what to do. wheni son eats somthing thats not food, i call them. ( while it only happen one time lol.)
    Anonymous

• ewwww
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 8:48 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• YES! You should worry. Tobacco is poisonous if ingested. "Cigarettes and tobacco are often left lying around. Tobacco, in all forms, is an extremely dangerous poison and just one cigarette stub may poison a child. All kinds of tobacco should be kept out of the reach of children." I got the quote from this website: http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/health_advice/facts/poisoning.htm
    iluvmm09

Answer by iluvmm09 at 8:48 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• Call poison control. It is better to be safe than sorry!

For a poison emergency in the U.S. call 1-800-222-1222 American Association of Poison Control Centers

On a side note, my mil found a cigarette butt in my husband's diaper when he was a baby. She was quite serious when she told her husband to quit smoking or leave. He quit. Take this as a sign that you need to quit for the health of your family.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 8:55 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• It's gross, but my son chewed on unsmoked cigs a couple times around that age. Sneaky little bugger would go in my purse when I went to the bathroom and get into the cigs. I just told him that was yucky got as much as I could out of his mouth and gave him water. He's fine, never vomited from it or had pain or anything.
    Anonymous