Sisters of the Pagan path

Are you pro-choice?
Pro-life?

I used to be pro-choice and have even had an abortion myself. But now that i am older and understand things more i find myself being very torn on this topic. I find myself thinking more and more that abortion is murder (which makes me feel great! let me tell ya).

If you are Pro-choice please tell me what your definition of life is.

If you are Pro-life, i do not need any bashing. thanks.

-Faithful4ever

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:09 PM on Apr. 30, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I, like you, am torn on this issue. I believe that all life is sacred, going so far as to avoid killing bugs in my house most of the time lol. However, I recognize that there are many situations that to the woman facing them, may feel like life and death. An abusive partner, a desperate financial situation, other children she cannot care for, the list goes on and on. Her life and happiness are sacred too. Therefore, for myself, I have made the decision that I am pro-life. I have also had an abortion, although it was because the pregnancy was ectopic and might have killed me. But for the rest of the world... well, I would prefer that there wasn't a need for elective abortion, but I cannot cast a stone at a woman for choosing that. No one walks into an abortion clinic feeling great, it's always done with a heavy heart.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 9:40 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• I am pro choice, if only for the reason that I have no right to force my beliefs on others. I have no right to tell them what to do with their body. I do not like abortion, would never have one (except to save my life) but, I will not stop other women from making that choice.
    Kaelansmom

Answer by Kaelansmom at 9:21 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• I am pro choice, I don't think its right to tell people what to do with their body. I wouldn't get an abortion myself but I don't want to tell another person what to do with their body.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 9:27 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• Pro-choice means that YOU have made the right decision....for YOU. And it means that any other woman has this same right--to make the decision that is right for them. It's too late for the 11-yr. old Iraqi girl who died after three DAYS in labor. Needless to say--her baby did not survive either. Two lives were wasted, when an abortion would have saved at least one of them. You made a decision that you had to, knowing that you were not ready for a child. You may not understand, at this point in your life what kind of life you spared that baby. That you know you're ready now is good. I am pro-choice, but I'm also pro-life. I would not consider it right to abort a child...for myself. I also don't consider it right for a woman to have unprotected sex unless she is ready to accept the consequences. You need to tend to your own morals and let others tend to theirs...even if they are destructive.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 10:21 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• Witchqueen, I agree with you except for that there were probably other ways to save the Iraqi girl's life (like better care and a cesarean section). One of the few times I say a C-section was necessary lol. Abortion probably wasn't necessary to save her life, just not being in such a desperately poor country, pregnant before the completion of puberty (probably through an arranged marriage), meaning poor prenatal care and little or no antipartum care from an experienced provider.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 10:46 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• I am pro-choice. I don't like abortion unless absolutely needed, but a woman's body is her own to make choices about.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 11:57 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• But what about the babies body?
    No one really addressed the second part of the question
    If you are pro-choice how do you define life?

-Faithful4ever
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:03 AM on May. 1, 2010

• I used to be pro-life, now Im pro choice.

I realize that I cannot force my views on others. They must walk their own path and deal with their own actions and consequences.

However, for myself, I will never have an abortion(well when I was having kids that is, now it doesnt matter cuz Im done LOL).
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 12:04 AM on May. 1, 2010

• I am Pro-Choice - Although I am not sure I could go thru with an abortion it's not my place to dictate what others should do... people have to make their decisions and live with them and it's not my place to pretend I know what's best for anyone in this respect. What is right for me is not what's right for all.

I can't really give you a definition of life. I believe in reincarnation of the soul... I don't think our life energy (soul) is destroyed upon death... in the world energy, once created is never really destroyed... so if a soul is not reborn in the aborted baby's body i believe it will be re-born in another. Since I do not know at what point the soul is merged with the actual fetus/baby, I dont' know how to answer this part... So I guess I can't really answer the second half of the question.

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 12:43 AM on May. 1, 2010

• Pro-life. I do not suspend my belief in life just because it inconveniences someone else.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:08 AM on May. 1, 2010