They make it or brake it

My two bundles of joy... Ds is almost 4 and dd is 17months.
The two of them are fearless balls of fire!
Some days they just make my whole day amazing from the time they get up...
But thesr days are getting farther and farther apart.
They are being replaced with days full of fighting, yelling, pushing, headbuting and heartburn.
I feel like im in a never ending battle that i cant win.
Im running out of energy and zantac.
Im begging you... Please tell me it gets easier... Iv got another girl on the way due in 4 weeks.
I just need a little tiny bit of sunshine... A small ray of hope? Maybe?

If not, feel free to lie anyways. :'(

Keaton_Hazel

Asked by Keaton_Hazel at 10:00 PM on Apr. 30, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• ha ha...Well I have a 2, 5 and 6 yr old. When my 2 yr old was born they were 3 and 5 and I thought what the heck was I thinking? I found it incredibly hard at first and quite a juggle...LOL My first two were 16mos apart and finally when they were getting easier I go and get pregnant again! You are probably tired being towards the end of the pregnancy and more irritable so alot of that rubbs off on them. It will get better but the kids will have to transition to the baby so some of their behavior can be due to that. My 3 yr old acted up alot right before I had baby 3. None the less no more kids here three is enough for us!
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 11:12 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• It will get easier I promise!!!! The little kids will get older, learn to settle more, or go to school :-) They might act up a bit when the baby comes home, but I honestly found adding the second was way harder than the third.
    Here are some ideas - kids know when you are vulnerable I think they are like sharks circling some days. Really plan the days instead of free play - eg, in the morn we will go to the library for storytime. Then have a snack. When we get home we're going to play with playdough. Lunch will be .___ then DD has a nap & DS is allowed to watch a movie Mommy rests :-) When DD is awake we are going for a walk around the block spotting cats and dogs........ If you have a plan you look like ur in charge, & you can distract with the next thing on the list, and have backup ideas. Go to the dollar store & buy up on crafty bits & pieces, read along with CD books, muffin mixes (easy Mommy toddler baking),
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 3:32 AM on May. 1, 2010

• Also for when baby comes home. Get in the habit of making lunchboxes and drink bottles for both kids in the morning. Their lunch and snacks go in there - pack plenty. Then during the day they can choose from their lunchboxes, rather than you running in & out of the kitchen all day with the baby screaming - that one thing was my saviour in the first few weeks.
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 3:35 AM on May. 1, 2010

• Wow those are really great ideas! Thanks so much! Now i just have to see if i can actually pull that off lol
    Keaton_Hazel

Answer by Keaton_Hazel at 8:39 PM on May. 1, 2010