are there any true "good Samaritans " left in this world?

or is it better that people turn a blind eye to others aflictions...because that is what is easier to do? there are so many bad things in this country and world right now. if we as individual citizens would try to do what we could to help it would make it so much better. for everyone. i see the talks about the immigrants, the abortions, the drugs and violence. but how many are taking a stand and how many are turning a blind eye then complaining about nothing being done to HELP. i have my own positions on there topics. and alot will not agree with me. but isnt there a happy medium we can all come to agree on?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:41 PM on Apr. 30, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• ummmm think about those who love to hate illegal immigrants as if it's such the problem in their life. then add the millions of folks living in poverty and you basically only have the truly decent hard working people who live scattered among this land in their small town, urban, rural, suburban areas. I'd say yea we're pretty sad case. people are people. american or not, illegal or not. we're all the same. looking out for our own. rome wasn't built in a day, but a day can tear it down.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:46 AM on May. 1, 2010

• Sure there are - Just this week my hubby saw a new neighbor (he didn't know) working on his car and looking confused. My hubby knows a lot about cars, so he just went out and helped him.

Stuff like that happens all the time.
    Anonymous

• I agree with the above poster. Our mailbox was vandalized, and as I walked up to the end of the driveway I saw our brand new neighbor putting the crushed box in his truck. He explained that several of the boxes along the road had been vandalized overnight, and he was taking ours down to his workroom to try to get it tapped back into shape and put new screws on it. He actually mounted it back on the post even.

Answer by Bmat at 11:03 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• I think there are plenty of good Samaritans but all of the bad stuff is more exciting for the news to report....With being a good Samaritan I think you should follow your heart. I once had a crazed drunken boyfriend who chased me into the parking lot of my apartment complex and I ran up to people asking if they would just call the police for me and one man just looked at me and went into his apt. A woman told me "that's between ya'll and my phone is broke." When it was all over my cousin came to get me and my son and the thing I could not get over even now is how no one helped me. He could have killed me and no one wanted to get involved.
    my2kids312

Answer by my2kids312 at 11:08 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• There is a lot of good Samaritans in this world, but they don't do it to make the news or toot their own horns.

Have you not heard that good news does not sell newspapers nor make for good ratings on T.V news.

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 11:24 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• I like to consider myself a good Samaritan. I help people in any way I can, whenever I can.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 11:58 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• There are so many encouraging Good Samaritan stories on the local news and at night on the NBC News "People who are making a difference" segment. But it IS true that good stuff rarely gets reported ........Maybe people want to see the bad stuff ,the sensational and gory stuff . I don't get it. Maybe the bad news makes people feel better about themsleves and they can have juicy gossip to repeat. That is sick,don't you think?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:54 AM on May. 1, 2010

• I think that Aristotle said it best... his idea of what would make a perfect world seems a bit true to me...
    Laura2012

Answer by Laura2012 at 1:53 AM on May. 1, 2010

• Given my medical and lifeguarding background, I have helped people in distress MANY times as a Good Samaritan--without ever seeking recognition or compensation. If someone is in need of help, and I am in a position where I can help, I have and I will.

That's the thing with Good Samaritians....they just do it, and then fade into the woodwork!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:53 AM on May. 1, 2010

• I stop whenever I see someone broken down on the side of the road. I help out friends and strangers. Most everyone I know would do the same.
    MunchMunch

Answer by MunchMunch at 10:00 AM on May. 1, 2010