Any advice on potty training?

My daughter just turned 3 and knows how to go to the potty on her own. She'll do great for a couple of days with no accidents and the next she will wet her pants after i've asked if she needed to go. I feel like im failing having a 3 yr old not potty trained.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:35 PM on Apr. 30, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• let her potty train her baby doll. get sparkles and noise makers. when her baby goes potty throw a party... it is messy but might be worth it.. my sisters daughter has down syndrome and is only two and it worked for her...
    Anonymous

• Do the potty parade!! Everytime she potties let her bang pots and pans and celebrate!!! Also you have to be consistent take a time with you EVERYWHERE and Every 45 mins take her to the bathroom whether she feels like it or not take her to the potty. Make sure she potties right before bed and tell her its ok if she has an accident to come get you and you'll HELP HER clean it up, let her pee then change her jammies and have her help change the sheet, part of that is nobody like touching pee she'll figure out how to control it if she has to clean up the mess.....my mom used that technique on my brothers and it work!!!
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 12:00 AM on May. 1, 2010

• That's great advice, but I've been at this since January and he still isn't telling me when he needs to go...what's up with that? Any suggestions with that one?
    MESMOM07

Answer by MESMOM07 at 2:09 PM on May. 3, 2010