Can you be both Christian and Pagan? I know the answer just want to know how many others know!

Some one asked this in a journal than deleted the answers supporting that they could.

hot-mama86

Asked by hot-mama86 at 11:55 PM on Apr. 30, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• LOL as I read some of the answers here it reminds me of a conversation I had with one of my favorite pagan friends about my christo pagan ways lol. She put it very simply and it cracked me up she told me if the christians who really felt that adding a little pagan into your beliefs was wrong they would'nt burn candles for the deceased, grow herbs and use herbal remedies and they would have banned incense from the churches long ago. I laughed when she said it because honestly it was so true, as a christo pagan you havent left the church or suddenly started doing witchy things, you were already doing them. Now you just know why and how to do it right :)
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 12:19 AM on May. 1, 2010

• Of course you can.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 12:00 AM on May. 1, 2010

• YES you can.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 12:04 AM on May. 1, 2010

• Personally I think you are Christian or you aren't. I mean TECHNICALLY you can classify yourself as such, but if you take the way you live your life directly from the bible and Christ's teachings, I don't see how! They are too conflicting.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 12:05 AM on May. 1, 2010

• Yes, I looked into it myself and fully believe its possible.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 12:05 AM on May. 1, 2010

• You can't pick and choose what things you like from each religion and truly call yourself a Christian or a Pagan. That would be like a someone calling themselves a vegetarian and scolding others for eating meat, but at the same time saying it's OK to eat fish.
    Miss-Baby-Baker

Answer by Miss-Baby-Baker at 12:09 AM on May. 1, 2010

• Paganism is not an exclusive spiritual path... but Christianity is. However, you can classify yourself however you want and in whatever ways make sense to you and help you to achieve more religious enlightenment.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:12 AM on May. 1, 2010

• No, you can't..not scripturally.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:25 AM on May. 1, 2010

• I think that the bible does state that you cannot serve two masters. However, as a Christian, I will say I can't tell you what to believe. I can tell you what the bible says or inform you on the teachings of Christianity, BUT I DON'T KNOW the teachings of WICCAN. I am not sure it is really worship...or a way of life, cherishing life. Is the Wiccan faith that of the old that was spoken against in the bible? Who knows? History is so muddled when it comes to what things are. Some debate that Jesus was wiccan and performed "Blessings" and not "miracles". Well...I wasn't there. I choose to worship Jesus Christ, son of God and man, savior of my sins. But I refuse to judge you on this...I just don't know about it.
    Whatkids

Answer by Whatkids at 12:29 AM on May. 1, 2010

• someone calling themselves a vegetarian and scolding others for eating meat, but at the same time saying it's OK to eat fish.

Actually there are some vegetarians that DO eat fish. It all depends on the reasons they are vegetarian. For example someone who chooses to be a vegetarian based on ethic reasons surroundingt the treatment of animals in slaughter houses etc may still eat sea food and fish due to them being raised and caught in their natural environment
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 12:32 AM on May. 1, 2010