do you think a 5 yr old can make this up? please help.

my 5 yr old told me that my mother has touched her inappropriately while sleeping with her. my mom does not live with us. my DD has only slept with her maybe 5 times in all. when she did live with us and while visiting. can an innocent child make something up like that about their own grandmother. and she was not scared she said it like if it was ok because her grandma is a girl [her words]. please i need your honest opinions. i hope i made sense. i will elaborate if needed.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:37 AM on May. 1, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• You need to get professional help immediately. It is not normal . Don't hesitate!!!!!! Go to the police station now and tell them what she said or to your family doctor- I mean today!!. If it is innocent that will be revealed, either way you will have acted appropriately. Your daughter needs to see you acting immediately. There is no way it is okay and the fact your Mom gave her an excuse speaks volumes. Don't sit on it and think about it, the longer you wait, the more you will convince yourself to do nothing. And WELL DONE for raising a little girl who knows when to tell her Momma! My 5 yr old daughter revealed a similar thing in the same matter of fact, no big deal, no tears, skippity do way - it turned out to be soooo much worse. If you have that little warning that says she is not making it up ( and why would she if she didn't know about the possibility of it) you must act immediately. Good Luck. PM if you need privacy
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 12:47 AM on May. 1, 2010

• Well. Wait. What exactly was Grandma doing? Was grandma cleaning her? Was she wiping her bum? What did she mean while sleeping....while sleeping over at Grandmas or while actually in Grandma's bed? Get clarification on what happened.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:49 AM on May. 1, 2010

• you and when i told her that she needs to tell if it happens again she asked what was i going to do..i couldnt tell her. i couldnt tell her im going to kill your grandma im going to call her i did not want her to think sh was in trouble. one thing is that i do not want to make it a big deal and make it unforgetable for her that she will remmeber it till shes my age. im so torn.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:52 AM on May. 1, 2010

• sometimes a child will say it's someone like grandma when it is actully someone else. call her doctor and ask what steps u need to take to figure this out(who to call, etc.)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:54 AM on May. 1, 2010

• anon 11:49 she was sleeping in the same bed with her grandma. grandma put her hand down her pants from behind [guess DD was on her back] and reached down to her vagina. she showed me. at first she didnt want to show me she started to cry but i let her know she could tell me. and so she showed me. im thinking maybe my mom though she was sleeping and this awoke her.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:55 AM on May. 1, 2010

• You can say I will just make sure Grandma doesn't do that again, cause it's not very nice. If it made her feel yucky enough to cry, then it isn't good. no matter how innocent. If she was just checking to see if she has peed the bed she would have patted the bed or the pjs not put her hands inside her panties. That is just not an innocent move. I'm so sorry for you, your heart is breaking. Be strong. it will get better.My daughter told me, and then has merrily carried on with life. At this age, it's like " I have a problem, I'll hand it to Mom, she fixes everything..." That's not to say it won't rear its head later, but if you act in a calm, 'it's all okay' way, then she will know you won't freak out when she needs to tell you stuff later. Stay calm, and breath. There are anon help lines to guide you through what your options are.
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 1:11 AM on May. 1, 2010

• thank you myheartx4 i will take up on your offer to talk tomorrow, i need to get some rest hopefully i can sleep. im sorry this has happpenned to you too. i needed to hear that i so far handled it ok.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:18 AM on May. 1, 2010

• I would think unless she has seen it in a movie or heard someone talking about it how and why would she make that up? Woudl you expect your mother(your mother, right?) to do that? I would talk to her grandma about it, take your dd to a pyschologist because even if she is young and maybe wont remember it things like this can cause harm later on in life it will be good for her to know that she did nothing wrong and to sort through her feelings on it. Im sorry, thats pretty crazy...and it is something that shouldn't have happened! There is no reason or explaination for her to do that. No more sleepovers at grandmas. Your poor baby.
    dbodani

Answer by dbodani at 1:25 AM on May. 1, 2010

• I dont think she would make it up not in that much detail and with emotion. I would def being something and would not allow her to see her again! Sorry!
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 3:30 AM on May. 1, 2010

• wow if she was that detailed about it then i would KILL my mother....no literally i would run her ass over with a damn car. please never let your baby go through this again. i wouldnt even ask my mom about it bc shes not going to tell the truth about it. but i would tell her what the baby said and that she would never see her again! i would also call DSS or somebody and have her ass LOCKED UP
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 8:43 AM on May. 1, 2010