Why is it my 9 1/2 old son is now waking up every couple of hours at night after sleeping through the night at 6 months?

Okay ladies so my Caleb is 9 1/2 months old and he is driving me a little crazy. He used to sleep through the night at about six months old and I was so happy about that and now he wakes up throughout the night. I read some things about maybe it being his teeth (which haven't came in), or maybe him waking to eat or be near mama. I don't know what to do? I am being as patient as possible but it's hard at times since I have to wake up early to get my older son and hubby out the house. I wake up cranky and not wanting to be bothered by anyone. What to do ladies??

candydimples

Asked by candydimples at 12:47 AM on May. 1, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i'm with you! my 8 month old is doing the same thing...he is teething right now and we found out he has allergies which are flared....but last night he just wanted me, i had to lie on the couch and sleep with him on my chest it will pass eventually...my dd used to do the same thing GL hope you (and I) can get some rest..oh also TRY not to get mad at him he can't help it he's only a baby...
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 12:49 AM on May. 1, 2010

• growth spurt, teething, illness(ear infection), lots of things can make it happen. Bring him to your bed and go back to sleep
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:52 AM on May. 1, 2010

• Since my husband is away on training I been bringing him into my bed and he just falls out. Funny how Mommies have that effect on their kids to make everything all better
    candydimples

Answer by candydimples at 1:00 AM on May. 1, 2010

• my baby started doing the same and he is about to be 10 months. But he drinks 8 ounces with cereal before he goes to sleep, then wakes up about 3 hours later and drinks 4, then about 2 hours and drinks about 2 ounces. it sucks, but i think its just a growth spurt
    BrittanyD07

Answer by BrittanyD07 at 1:06 AM on May. 1, 2010

• Brittany, my baby does that too! I give him a bottle before bed and he wakes up to eat every couple hours.
    candydimples

Answer by candydimples at 1:08 AM on May. 1, 2010

• This is very normal. Deal with it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:42 AM on May. 1, 2010

• There really isn't much you CAN do besides adapt to it. Why is he doing this? Basically because babies are unpredictable. Cosleeping might help if you are open to it.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 8:35 AM on May. 1, 2010

• My 14 month old does that when she is teething.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:22 AM on May. 1, 2010

• my daughter will be 11 months on the 10th and she has been doing this for at least a month now but in the last 2 weeks it has started happening even more and she has been cutting teeth the only difference is she dont want mommy to sleep next to she wants daddy lol
    nancymom09

Answer by nancymom09 at 4:43 AM on May. 4, 2010