Christians, is there anything like karma or getting what you give in your beliefs?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:36 AM on May. 1, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• There is a verse in the Bible that reads, "What a man soweth, that shall he also reap".. It goes on and describes the thing you will reap if you sow certain things--but yeah-- equal to Karma.
    Aprilmorgans

Answer by Aprilmorgans at 1:43 AM on May. 1, 2010

• Karma is not biblical.
    m2KnL

Answer by m2KnL at 1:43 AM on May. 1, 2010

• do you have the verse aprilmorgans
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:45 AM on May. 1, 2010

• I don't think so I never looked. In Wiccan there is. Which is part of my belief. My dh proved there is karma.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 1:46 AM on May. 1, 2010

• OOPS I was wrong the first poster got it right I forgot that.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 1:47 AM on May. 1, 2010

• AGGHH jes a sec!! unless one of you Bible scholars finds it before i do...
    Aprilmorgans

Answer by Aprilmorgans at 1:59 AM on May. 1, 2010

• Galations 6; 7Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. 8The one who sows to please his sinful nature, from that nature[a]will reap destruction; the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life. 9Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. 10Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.
    Aprilmorgans

Answer by Aprilmorgans at 2:03 AM on May. 1, 2010

• God cannot be mocked, thanks for the verse
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:09 AM on May. 1, 2010

• Reap what you sow is not like karma. In Galatians, reap what you sow is about destruction in hell if you lived to please your sinful nature, or reaping eternal life if you sow to please the Spirit.
    m2KnL

Answer by m2KnL at 2:23 AM on May. 1, 2010

• OK well let me tell you this--I have SEEN with my own eyes POETIC JUSTICE(Karma, OR A MAN REAPING THE VERY HARVEST of the seed he sowed for himself RIGHT HERE ON EARTH. SOOO I don't believe that this was just meant as a fire and brimstone verse but a literal one as well. No matter WHAT you call it, you can say "What goes around comes around, " or you can say "What a man soweth that shall he also reap." and it all boils down to the same thing; What you put out there in the universe is what you will receive in return. 'Nuff said...
    Aprilmorgans

Answer by Aprilmorgans at 2:44 AM on May. 1, 2010