Is there anything we shouldnt pray for?

my grandmother always says not to pray for money. I always pray for a way to work it all out.

Is there a limit to what you will pray for? Didn't Jesus give us a list of no no prayers?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:41 AM on May. 1, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• We can pray for finances.. I have but I do know we should never pray for someones death or a marriage to fail or someone get hurt or someone to lose a job.. all those fall under the word curses... and considered witchcraft.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 1:43 AM on May. 1, 2010

• Death of any one is the only thing I can think of.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 1:43 AM on May. 1, 2010

• Yeah that's right shane listed the rest I couldn't think of.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 1:44 AM on May. 1, 2010

• Oh except the last part about witch craft.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 1:45 AM on May. 1, 2010

• Jesus taught us to pray for our ENEMIES!! UGGHHH can you imagine??? One of the hardest things He ever commanded(besides forgiveness). This teaches us that we must not pray for harm to befall ANYONE.
    Aprilmorgans

Answer by Aprilmorgans at 1:47 AM on May. 1, 2010

I agree, I started thinking of the song that has the words I pray you get flat at 110,
    -I pray a flower post falls on your head
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:00 AM on May. 1, 2010

• Psalm 118: 24 This is the day the LORD has made;
    We will rejoice and be glad in it.

25 Save now, I pray, O LORD;
    O LORD, I pray, send now prosperity. {If we shouldn't pray for prosperity, then King David must have sinned by praying this Psalm!!! XD )
    Jesus taught that we could ask anything in His name and according to the Father's Will it will be done for us. Just because He taught us to love our neighbor as ourselves, this teaches us that we should not wish or pray harm on others.
    Aprilmorgans

Answer by Aprilmorgans at 2:33 AM on May. 1, 2010

• I agree, I started thinking of the song that has the words I pray you get flat at 110,

That's an interesting song. I spit my coffee out the first time I heard it. It starts out loving then turns mean.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 2:53 AM on May. 1, 2010

• It's sometimes how you pray and not what you pray for. For money, I would pray for help finding ways to improve my finances. I pray for God to give me wisdom or guidance in finding solutions to my problems. Also I never pray for anything bad to happen to anyone else.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:54 AM on May. 1, 2010

• you can pray for whatever you want.. but it's your intentions behind it that will be the maker or breaker. Ex. Praying for wealth, is obviously a sin.. praying for a way to EARN money to help you get through a difficult time, wouldn't be.

It's all in the wording, and the intentions behind it. Don't be greedy in otherwords.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:52 AM on May. 1, 2010