I find lots of cute baby boy names.

but have a difficult time finding uncommon girls names.
i do not like, i repeat, i do not like common names. I would prefer that my children NOT be just another Destiny (or whatever, and no offense to anyone who has a daughter with that name)
But i also don't like anything too outlandish. Just something cute, and not in the top 100.

Anyone got any cute but not so common girl names they'd like to share with me?

outstandingLove

Asked by outstandingLove at 1:43 AM on May. 1, 2010 in Just for Fun

• How about Isis for a girl? Isis was an Egyptian goddess. The name I wanted to name a little girl if I had one was Tala. I can't remember what tribe it was but Tala is Native American for wolf.

Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 6:09 AM on May. 1, 2010

• Well, I like names that are just shy of being over the top lol. My daughter's name is Rhapsody Virginia. If this baby is a girl she will be Sidone Azhure (pronounced sid-OWN az-UR-ah).
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:54 AM on May. 1, 2010

• Oh, and if you don't mind, could you share some of your favorite boy names with me? I want to name this baby Imriel if it's a boy, but my husband says it sounds like a girl's name lol, and I can't find any uncommon boys' names that I like :p
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:57 AM on May. 1, 2010

• What about old-fashioned names? My daughter's name is Charlotte Rose, which is common enough that people don't think it's strange, but I highly doubt there will be another Charlotte in her class.
    charliebean

Answer by charliebean at 1:58 AM on May. 1, 2010

• I named my DD Elliett. I looked it up online and couldn't find a spelling for a girls name before was born, but after I found out it's usually spelled Elliette. Like the boys name Eliot, but I chose to spell it different for a girl. I really like girls with boy names for some reason.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:08 AM on May. 1, 2010

• not a big fan of old-fashioned names. My first name is kind of old fashioned (not as old fashioned as others, but still enough) and i have always hated it.

Ati, your names taste is different than mine.
    I have a friend named Jordane. I've always loved that name. it's not JOR-DIN. it's JOR-DAYN.
    I also like Loki. ...which i know is a norse god of mischief but i can't help the names i like lol.
    Kavi
    Kennan or Kenzie, or Kendrew or Kenrick (i know i know. ...i'm kinda stuck on a Ken thing for some odd reason. i used to hate all those names. lol)
    Toran
    Leathan
    There's more. i love names. :)
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:23 AM on May. 1, 2010

• I like Kendrick for a boy and maybe Sophia or Zaria for a girl :)
    lendales_mommi

Answer by lendales_mommi at 5:33 AM on May. 1, 2010

• Well my daughter's name is Isabella, and if I have another girl she will probaby be Chloe, so I'm not help there! But I want to say I think Rhapsody is beautiful, I've never heard that name before. I have wanted to name a daughter Evangeline, I've never met anyone with that name but DH doesn't like it so much.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 8:35 AM on May. 1, 2010

• Well I wanted a unique name for my daughter. Her name is Kiera (pronounced like kyra) it's not as unique as I thought! I am pregnant now and if I was gonna have a girl I wanted to name her Lillyana...
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 8:46 AM on May. 1, 2010

• Make sure it is something she can live and Identify with.
    GMMOLLY

Answer by GMMOLLY at 10:24 AM on May. 1, 2010