How do you pray?? Do you say God or Jesus?? Is Catholic and Christain the same?

I never know how to begin, what to call him, what prayer to say. I was told as a kid to just talk as if I'm talking to a friend. What? Please explain..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:44 AM on May. 1, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I am christian. I pray to God, (my father) and thank him for my blessings, ask for him to bless others ect. and I always close in Jesus's name as it is written that you cannot get to god but thru his son, Jesus. In my opinion, God doesnt care how you pray, as long as we are sincere & dont just pray selfishly. (when its convient for us) He loves hearing from us & doesnt want to be put in the closet until we "NEED" him.
    OliveMyLoves

Answer by OliveMyLoves at 8:25 AM on May. 1, 2010

• I am not Christian ...but i do pray. I talk to them like i talk to friends i think. "Good Morning Lord and Lady" or whatever. Or simply "please help me find the strength within myself", Sometimes i'm more formal, sometimes i'm more direct. just however i'm feeling.

As far as catholic and Christian question.
    Catholics are Christians. But Christians are not all Catholic.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:47 AM on May. 1, 2010

• I am Catholic so I always started out In the name of the Father, Son and Holly Spirit . In 6th grade I read the book "Are you there God, it's me Margret" After I read that book I would start out every prayer Are you there God? It's me Margaret. LOL My name is not Margaret by the way.

But I always use Jesus And Holy Spirit when I am praying for others God for personal. Not sure why, but I believe all three are the same.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:52 AM on May. 1, 2010

• I am of a Christian faith, LDS actually. We pray by 1. Addressing the Father by saying something like Dear Heavenly Father or Father in Heaven. 2. We thank Him for things that are blessings in our life and for what we are grateful for. 3. We ask Him for help or guidance for ourselves and or for others. We may also ask for forgiveness. 4. We close in the name of Jesus Christ. The thanking and the asking doesn't have to be in any exact order, but it is generally how most LDS people pray.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:03 AM on May. 1, 2010

• I'm Christian... I just say "dear God" or "lord" or "father"... whatever feels right to me at the moment... i use "lord" a lot. and i end "in jesus' name" or "in your sons name, amen"
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 2:04 AM on May. 1, 2010

• I usually begin with In the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.  I'm Catholic.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:51 AM on May. 1, 2010

• I pray to the Father in the name of the son.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 3:22 PM on May. 1, 2010

• Dear Lord Jesus.... or Dear Heavenly Father... just depends. Don't put so much thought into it. Just talk to him. That is prayer. A Catholics can be a Christian if they accept Jesus as their Savior!
    blessed_w_boys

Answer by blessed_w_boys at 11:28 AM on May. 2, 2010

• I say Father, as Christ did and lift the prayer to God in the name of Christ.
    GMMOLLY

Answer by GMMOLLY at 7:20 PM on May. 3, 2010