What do Christians mean by godhead?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:53 AM on May. 1, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• The Father, The Son (Jesus Christ), and the Holy Ghost. Three separate beings, united in purpose.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:57 AM on May. 1, 2010

• Above. I believe it is the Head of the god's though. That's just me.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 2:08 AM on May. 1, 2010

• I may be mistaken but I thought with Fundamentalist Mormon beliefs there is an actual godhead that everyone in that church has.  This person, or godhead, is suppose to help them understand and live God's word.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:49 AM on May. 1, 2010

• Different Christian denomination use "Godhead" in different ways. (In fact often because different denominations use the same words but have different meanings/connotations for them it can lead ot confusion about what other denominations mean).

Generally "Godhead" refers to the Father, Son and Holy Spirit somehow united. For example, LDS (Mormons) use the term they think of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit as three separate beings united in one purporse so that's what the term means to them. Other "mainstream" Christian denominaitions believe in the Trinity (one God Being made up of three distincti,divine persons) so when they use Godhead they're referring to the Trinty - one Supreme Being.
    eringobrough

Answer by eringobrough at 10:02 AM on May. 1, 2010

• The Godhead is the father (God) the son(jesus) and the holy spirit. some call it the Trinity. Mormons believe in the same thing as well. I am not mormon but most of my extended family is.
    OliveMyLoves

Answer by OliveMyLoves at 10:03 AM on May. 1, 2010

• OliveMyLoves - LDS (Mormons) have a different understanding of what the Trinity is than other mainstream Christian denominations. As I said - they think of the Trinity/Godhead as three separate beings united in one purpose. Other mainstream Christians believe the Trinity/Godhead is one being.
    eringobrough

Answer by eringobrough at 10:12 AM on May. 1, 2010