A Nightmare on Elmstreet remake. What did you think?

I have a journal about it, ranting. Just wondering what everyone else thought.

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 2:01 AM on May. 1, 2010 in Entertainment

• When I learned Robert Englund wasn't starring as Freddy, I didn't even bother.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 8:07 AM on May. 4, 2010

• I thought as soon as I heard the voice of the new guy I was gonna wait for this one to hit DVD. Something about his voice SCREAMS b-rate. Sorry but he is not Robert Englund.
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 3:27 AM on May. 1, 2010

• I actually think it looks a little more scary. Why are you ranting? Just curious.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 4:38 PM on May. 2, 2010

• It was just generally HORRIBLE. I absolutely hated all of it, except for the last few seconds. That last scene was kind of cool, I guess. I'm a huge Freddy fan, so I saw this in hopes that they would do it in a fresh way, but it was terrible. Freddy isn't Freddy without Robert. This was like casting the Visine commercial guy as Freddy and expecting people to be terrified and engrossed. Nope. I had to force myself to stay away/not groan through the whole thing.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 4:50 PM on May. 2, 2010

• i heard it really blew...but i also heard (on a fearnet interview, we have cox, and i love the ondemand movies lol) that the new freddy went out for the original part but robert englund got it...idk..i thought the original was corny, and wasn't jumping up and down to see this one.
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 3:52 PM on May. 4, 2010