Clingy 18 month old

I am currently 18 weeks pregnant and in the past couple of weeks my son has become extremely clingy to me.I dont understand why?Has anyone gone through this?

krazymomma427

Asked by krazymomma427 at 2:05 AM on May. 1, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I've heard that babies can sense babies in the womb... but also, it could just be he might be getting sick and need the extra comfort.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:09 AM on May. 1, 2010

• my daughter is 19 months and very clingy. i am not pregnant. i think it is the age. enjoy it. someday he will want to be left alone. : )
    Preggydyke

Answer by Preggydyke at 2:23 AM on May. 1, 2010

• oh i love clingyness and i have only one baby..he just acts clingy sometimes but i dont mind..they all do that..i only feel bad when he is at my moms and he calls and says "mama i wanna go to my house and sleep..mommy i wanna go in your car" my mom is like 15 minutes away the whole time im saying "aww my poor baby"
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 2:27 AM on May. 1, 2010

• Clinginess is normal at this age. My LO is 22 mos and it still clingy sometimes. Sometimes it is just a show for me and once I'm out of sight she is fine. Just go with it because before you know it he will be super independent.
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:57 AM on May. 1, 2010

• my son got really clingy just before his brother was born and he was just a bit older (21 months) i think they know! LOL!
    Anonymous

• Congrats on your upcoming addition! I'm 23 weeks pregnant with a 19-month old and have been experiencing the same thing for a while. I dunno if he senses something is different or he's just cuddly. It seems to be fairly normal from what I've seen from other pregnant moms with toddlers. Honestly, I'd just enjoy it unless it is disrupting your sleep or preventing you from getting anything done. Good luck!
    AlyKen

Answer by AlyKen at 3:40 PM on May. 2, 2010

• Yep. Enjoy it, work with it, don't fight it. I know it's tough from your perspective but really, in the big scheme of things, it's a little tiny inconvenience and a huge, immediate need that they have for a nano-second in time. One day you will miss this...my guys are almost-6 and 3.5 and I would give anything to go back in time for that nano-second again, and, yes, I complained too when it was pregnant me with a clingy toddler but I would love to have him back in my lap again....life has a way of marching right by you if you don't take the time to enjoy every fleeting moment....
    LisaLulu

Answer by LisaLulu at 5:00 PM on May. 10, 2010

• I had the same thing, except I was a little further along in the pregnancy. It was tough, especially because I didn't want to carry his heavy butt around being 6 -7 months pregnant, but it was just a phase, and it ended soon enough. Hang in there.
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 10:55 PM on May. 10, 2010

• My 18 month old son had a doc appointment today & the doc asked me about this. She said that at 9 & 18 months babys can be SUPER clingy, it's a phase & yes mine is.......also I agree, they can sense changes
    lovelily79

Answer by lovelily79 at 12:13 AM on May. 11, 2010

• my dd is over 2 years old and she is still clingy, has to be right on top of me almost every second. my son is 5 and hes not so bad about it but he has his moments when he wants to do nothing but sit with, next to or on top of me.
    mavystorme

Answer by mavystorme at 8:55 AM on May. 11, 2010