Can I get an enema while on the Mirena?

I want to have an enema done every month but I'm afraid I might contract and cause my Mirena to come out or something.
Does anyone have experience with this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:52 AM on May. 1, 2010 in Health

• I'd be more concerned on why you'd need an enema every month. That could set you up for a lot of trouble, like when people abusive laxatives, after awhile your body will stop doing it's job and will depend on the enema all the time. I'd be careful.

I do understand your concern though, the action of the elimination shifting the mirena loose, even though as flaggot13 so politely put it...it is in a different place...your colon is right next to your uterus. I would check with your doctor on that.
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 4:21 AM on May. 1, 2010

• I had the mirena and I don't see why yours is gonna come out. The only way they come out is if your doctor doesn't have it in and up there good enough. Have it check if need be if your that worried and have to do enema once a month. That sounds like a lot on your body.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:05 AM on May. 1, 2010

• why would it have anything to do with your mirena? you know that an enema is in a different hole right?
    flaggot13

Answer by flaggot13 at 4:10 AM on May. 1, 2010

• Thank you daisy521. I will ask her, I just wanted to see what responses would be like here first :)

flaggot13: OMG! YOU MEAN TO TELL ME THAT I DIDNT BIRTH MY CHILDREN OUT OF MY ASS?! HOLY SHIT! I cant believe that my vagina is totally seperate than my ass! Thank you soooooo much! Can you believe that this ENTIRE TIME I thought they were the same? Wow. Just wow.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:14 AM on May. 2, 2010