WTH is wrong with people, why SO ant-military?

I was just reading a story about a Staff Sergeant at our base who was recently awarded 2 silver stars and it's a pretty big deal. According to the article:

"The Air Force cited Harvell for exposing himself to enemy fire to direct air support that killed hundreds of enemy combatants during battles in May and July 2007."

These guys in this squadron (among many more in the military) are fighting for freedom, and fighting to keep the wars off American soil. Yet in any article where a military person has been commended, there's always negative comments.

I guess I just don't understand how someone can be so anti-troop. Anti-war I totally understand, but why make rude, negative comments about someone who risked their own life to keep their fellow troops safe and to help defend the freedoms of someone else, and who is trying to keep the war off our own soil (which, if we didn't take care of the terrorists IMHO, they WOULD attack)?

AprilDJC

Asked by AprilDJC at 2:59 AM on May. 1, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Because people are too busy being angry about the war to acknowledge the fact that BECAUSE of wars and the military, we all have the right to say what we want. People also forget, these days that the men and women fighting for this country CHOSE to fight for this country. Back during the draft I can understand, but we don't have a draft anymore.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 4:24 AM on May. 1, 2010

• Because some cannot see from behind their bias and have become totally ungrateful.Yes if real war including blood shed really hit their front door and they had to defend themselve's you bet they would be crying for those soilder's to help them then.They would not care what it would take just get the enemy away.IMO some of the worst are Michael Moore and Code Pink they ought to be thrown in the middle of a war zone with nothing but their voice's.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:36 AM on May. 1, 2010

• cause people suck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:08 AM on May. 1, 2010

• If you don't want to stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them. That's the way I feel about it!!
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 7:57 AM on May. 1, 2010

• What were the negative things that it said about him? Was it about him, or the war? You won't catch me defending it, I was just curious what was said.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:45 AM on May. 1, 2010

• I totally agree. I went to a yahoo link about a music video that some soldiers in afgan did. It was a funny "remake" of the song telephone. There where several comments about how they need to be concentrating on fighting a war and "wow what a good waste of tax dollars" also a bunch of other more derogatory comments...Since when did fighting for us become a "no fun zone" these guys are seein stuff that we cant even imagine. If they want to make a silly video to get their minds off what is "real" then so be it!
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 9:10 AM on May. 1, 2010

Amen!

AngiDas

Answer by AngiDas at 10:10 AM on May. 1, 2010

• * Soniam lol. My hubby and his friends made a video also http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRWTOEnW4QQ
    They made this video while waiting to get to WHERE they needed to go to fight. lol.(my hubby is the skinny white guy who cant dance lol) Just because you fight a war doesnt mean you dont get free time lol.People are dumb
    I will never understand this hate for the military.I cant stand the uneducated people who say they haven't done a thing for me.
    grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 10:19 AM on May. 1, 2010

• Sorry lol, I thought I posted the link! Here's the story I was referring to:

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/92448524.html

This is definitely not the worst I have heard, but I can't stand when people try to make it seem like the military really is just a bunch of cold hearted killers who care nothing about the people who are killed in war. 

AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 10:21 AM on May. 1, 2010

• i support the troops, not the military. big difference.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:34 AM on May. 1, 2010