Big recall on all child medicine????

I read this on yahoo did anyone else? Kinda scary .....

lendales_mommi

Asked by lendales_mommi at 5:52 AM on May. 1, 2010 in Health

• that is scary, isn't it? It says some of those medicines might have "higher than stated concentration of the active ingredient". Oh for goodness sakes!!!!
    If you can't trust Tylenol, who can you trust???
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 6:59 AM on May. 1, 2010

• thats terrible, I hope they got heavily fined , what was the out come, oh let me guess,"we are ever more so so sorry for this terrible mistake & it will never happen agian."?people are mest up!
    Stefono

Answer by Stefono at 7:40 AM on May. 1, 2010

• Oh no I have not read this! Very comforting since I just gave my son Tylenol last night since he was having a hard day after his shots. I will have to go and look this up. Thanks
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 8:03 AM on May. 1, 2010

• does anyone know what to do with the recalled stuff i know don't give it to your child but do you get a replacement of the product you have
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:51 AM on May. 1, 2010

• http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/05/01/drug.recall/index.html

The company said it issued the recall after consulting with the Food and Drug Administration. The affected brands include: Tylenol Infants' Drops, Children's Tylenol Suspensions, Children's Tylenol Plus Suspensions, Motrin Infant Drops, Children's Motrin Suspensions, Children's Zyrtec Liquids in Bottles and Children's Benadryl Allergy Liquids in Bottles.

The drugs were made in the United States and distributed to Canada, the Dominican Republic, Dubai, Fiji, Guam, Guatemala, Jamaica, Puerto Rico, Panama, Trinidad & Tobago and Kuwait.
    Eris822

Answer by Eris822 at 10:20 AM on May. 1, 2010

• I have bottles of the recalled stuff, which I'm angry about because I've given some to my child (not much thankfully). Do I just throw it away or can I return it to the store for a refund. This stuff is expensive and I have to buy new. I'll get new in any case, I just hate to throw it out if I can return it. I'm going to change brands though and get Children's Advil instead.
    Greenesa08

Answer by Greenesa08 at 10:27 AM on May. 1, 2010

• i bought the store brand kind,is that the same?and in that artical it doesnt say the dates on the effected bottles.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 11:00 AM on May. 1, 2010

• http://www.mcneilproductrecall.com/page.jhtml?id=/include/new_recall.inc

Here is a link with a list of all batches that were recalled. It is pretty much all infant and children's tylenol and motrin. They don't say if you can return it or how to get replacement. I called the number and of course they are too busy to answer and asked to call back later.
    Winter711

Answer by Winter711 at 11:30 AM on May. 1, 2010

• I noticed that I had some of it too. Nice that the news is putting out there that it was distributed elsewhere...
    Anonymous