Can someone give me run down on Math coarses,Basic,Algebra and so on???

I am wanting to take a college certificate program and have not had much Math. Can some tell me the order the coarses go? I must have Chem. Thank You.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:30 AM on May. 1, 2010 in

• Well, every degree program has a different curriculum or track that majors need to follow. But, all 4 year degree programs require 2 years (approximately 60 credits) worth of CORE courses--Language Arts, Math, and Science. The introductory or basic level courses are typically numbered "101, 102, 103" and the more advanced courses are numbered "201, 303, 404," etc. For example: "Biology 101" is a basic level course, whereas "Chemistry 303" is an advanced level course.

Math course order COULD be Algebra, Geometry, Calculus, Trigonometry--but it all depends on your major.

Your college adviser will give you a program/course outline once you declare your major, and tell you which courses are required, and in which order. Some courses are only offered in certain semesters, and it MIGHT mean having to wait a year to take if you miss the semester in which the prerequisite course was offered.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:40 AM on May. 1, 2010

• At my community college there were three prep math courses and then there was college algebra and then you could move onto statistics or calculus. You really should talk to an advisor with the college.
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:33 AM on May. 1, 2010

• I had to take 2 pre- algebra classes before I could get into college algebra - hadn't had algebra since the mid 70's. I didn't need any math for my degree AS but I did need chemistry. Had to have math for my BS degree, 20 years later. Chemistry and algebra are very similar. I would suggest to begin with the math - it will help make the chemistry easier to understand.
    PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 8:36 AM on May. 1, 2010

• Thanks,I am thinking of taking a pre-Chem or intro to class. I am going to transfer once I get the core classes done. Thanks again.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:23 AM on May. 1, 2010