my hubby is inconsistent with discipline and its starting to show in my sons behavior

we are spankers and we utilize time out/getting sent to their room. i have a 6 yr old from a prev relationship and we have a 2 yr old together and this is his first. and man the boy is spoiled lol. i have spoiled him as well but only with affection, i dont play when it comes to disciplining him. he doesnt sit still at restaurants (so dad lets him sit in his lap or in the booth), he doesnt have to talk yet just wines and points (and dad cant stand his crying for too long), he doesnt sleep in the room with his sister (he cries for and hour) and comes back out around midnight to sleep with us. when we go to stores DH will let ds loose in the store btw he will be 2 next month) and turn his back on him while the boy is pulling things off the shelf! i rarely let his hand go when i take him out as he is a baby and will run. they came out of the bank yesterday and the baby came out first at full speed and dad was behind him.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:31 AM on May. 1, 2010 in General Parenting

• You have to get on the same page when it comes to discipline or he will never learn. I don't know how to get him to understand how it important it is. I also have step children that are grown now and my husband thought saying no was mean. We went threw hell with them as teenagers. I am very strict with my 11 year old and 13 year old boys. And for now they are very respectful polite and do alot of chores around the house. My Husband sees what a difference discipline makes. Our daughter is 5 months old. My bigggest fear is he won't discipline. We talk about it all the time. I hope he sees the light. It's hard to change good luck.
    mommom2000

Answer by mommom2000 at 11:19 AM on May. 1, 2010

• That sounds like more then a discipline problem.. that's borderline neglect.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:41 AM on May. 1, 2010

• My son is 19 months and he talks ALL THE TIME. Tells me when hes hungry, pooped, mad, hurt, all this. Your son is so dependent on you an your husband he's gotten used to you guys knowing what he needs. You better start now before he gets worse or older and harder to handle. Have a sit down discussion with your husband and let him know how your feeling about it and see if that helps. Its going to take work but it will be well worth the effort in the end! good luck! :)
    AJsMomma08

Answer by AJsMomma08 at 4:37 PM on May. 1, 2010