Doctors aren't being paid. Denying Service to state employees.

Now, some doctors in southern Illinois are limiting services for patients employed by the state or is asking those patients to pay up front.

It is a vicious cycle. The state isn't paying the insurance companies, so insurance companies aren't paying doctors, and the doctors are forced to make changes some families don't like.
~~~~
Those who are in favor of the Health Care Bill, please explain how the Democrats Health Care Plan will improve situations like this?

grlygrlz2

Asked by grlygrlz2 at 10:33 AM on May. 1, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• The doctor said Ashley's insurance provider wasn't paying its bills. Ashley doesn't know how to fight back.

"We can't go after the doctors, they're not being paid. We can't go after the insurance company, they're not being paid. But how do we fight the state?" she asks.

At one nearby doctor's office, they're now requesting state employees pay out of pocket to later be reimbursed.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 10:35 AM on May. 1, 2010

• It's a vicious cycle. The doctors have to pay the rent and the salaries of their staff. They can't work for free, even if they wanted to.

The state of Illinois is the one at fault. Why aren't they paying the bill for their staff's insurance?
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 10:53 AM on May. 1, 2010

• Perhaps a letter to the State of IL officials or even a phone call. Sprinfield, IL-

I doubt anyone here knows that exact answer.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 12:14 PM on May. 1, 2010

• I doubt anyone here knows that exact answer.

So asking a question to those who are in favor of the Health Care Bill doesn't sit well with you?

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:20 PM on May. 1, 2010

• IF the HCR was your primary interest why did you tack it on at the end of your question? It appears that your primary question is re the Doctors not getting paid, right?

I'm sure you have filed away the names of the ladies on here who supported the particular HCR bill that was passed. How about you PM them with your question?

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 12:25 PM on May. 1, 2010

• I'm sure you have filed away the names of the ladies on here who supported the particular HCR bill that was passed. How about you PM them with your question?

Awww, are you trying to nanny cafemom politics and current events section with how YOU think it should be ran? Which questions YOU think should be allowed and what format YOU think they should be presented?  If you don't like it???  Try a different question... ;o)

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:28 PM on May. 1, 2010

• Why does every question need to have a negative slant grly? Unless you like stirring the pot? Are you one of those bored HS kids without any friends? Your games are thinly veiled.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 12:31 PM on May. 1, 2010

• Sister, those who support the bill should be able to explain how ObamaCare will make Illinois state employees better off than they are now... I asked a question... I would love to hear a logical answer to how they will be better off with ObamaCare...  Even though states are required to pay MORE Federal Mandates.....  You don't like the question? Then don't answer it... ;o) 

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:37 PM on May. 1, 2010

• LOL... and Nope.. I am a 30 something mama surfing my laptop in a college areana full of other parents who are reading novels, newspapers, etc killing time while we wait for our daughters state dance competition to begin..... Thanks for you concern on who I am... If you wanted to be my friend and get to know me, why not send me a friend request..  Or a private message...  Otherwise this is the POLITICS and CURRENT EVENTS SECTION...  

kiss

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:53 PM on May. 1, 2010

• Why does every question need to have a negative slant grly?

You are the one with negativity and diversion from the ACTUAL question to me..  I am touched that you are wanting to get to knw me.. But can we stay on task with the question in the POLITICS and CURRENT EVENT SECTION.. ;o)  The question is obvious Those who are in favor of the Health Care Bill, please explain how the Democrats Health Care Plan will improve situations like this? Sooo, to break it down for you..  (1) Are you in favor of the HC bill?  (2) How will this situation be improved with ObamCARE?  Thanks :o)

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 1:03 PM on May. 1, 2010