Oil Rig Explosion in Gulf

What do you all think about the oil rig explosion? I live in this area and this is a horrible thing. Not only will it affect all of the prices, but the fact that 11 men are missing is just the most heart breaking thing.

I don't know if it's true, but I also heard that sometime yesterday another oil rig turned over.

Scary...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:36 AM on May. 1, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I wouldn't be surprised if the enviro-extremists blew it up to make a point and stop further off shore drilling.

ALINKSY'S RULES OF THE ETHICS OF MEANS AND ENDS

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:42 AM on May. 1, 2010

• I think its horrible! My husband works in the oilfield and since the explosion I have noticed they are having more safety training classes. My heart goes out to the families!
    aheuszel

Answer by aheuszel at 11:12 AM on May. 1, 2010

• I smell a conspiracy, here. O makes an announcement that he will allow exploration. Then there is an explosion. And then, wow, no exploration until this is resolved....I think there is a lot more behind the scenes going on, and I would not be at all surprised if A) it was sabotage or B) we NEVER find out what happened....
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't be surprised if the enviro-extremists blew it up to make a point and stop further off shore drilling. ALINKSY'S RULES OF THE ETHICS OF MEANS AND ENDS

I agree with you completely. I also have a large question as why PBO sent SWAT teams to the Gulf? A SWAT team - really? I heard they were sent to other rigs for protection. Protection from who, what? This whole things fails the smell test at this point.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 3:08 PM on May. 1, 2010

• Oh, and after all these years of drilling all over the world, how many oil rig explosions have you ever heard of? Crude oil isn't particularly explosive. It's just like gas. The liquid if rather stable. The fumes are explosives but not the liquid. I tied to find another incident and couldn't.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 3:13 PM on May. 1, 2010

• I'm pretty upset about it. My DH wanted to work the the rigs and I said no why in hell. =( It just hits WAY TO CLOSE to home. I've read that in the 9 years that this rig was drilling they had lots of accidents. =(
    NoahsMomma418

Answer by NoahsMomma418 at 3:27 PM on May. 1, 2010

----
    I wondered about this, too, jesse! This is the first explosion that I remember hearing about, but I didn't want to bring that up, because there were a few years there where I really did not pay attention to anything beyond school and myself.....
    But something about this whole scenario just does not gel. Something is fishy, here.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 3:58 PM on May. 1, 2010