am i wrong for feeling this way?

my boyfriend is the 2nd oldest of 6 kids. his family is so excited about our new baby girl due in july and are already planning for her to sleep over and plan on babysitting. my daughters youngest aunt is four years old and she really is a sweet little girl but when she doesn't get her way she screams, she tells her parents NO, she has perfected fake crying. i don't want my daughter around her aunt because i don't want her to take after her behavior. what do i do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:39 AM on May. 1, 2010 in General Parenting

• you teach your daughter that that behaviour is NOT acceptable ...
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 10:41 AM on May. 1, 2010

• eye rolling by the time the baby is old enough to know what's going on hopefully the 4 Y/O CHILD will grow out of this

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:42 AM on May. 1, 2010

• Tell her that she doesnt have the skills to be a parent and she's not babysitting your kids! Be nice and say, i'm not fond of your parenting style.
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 11:10 AM on May. 1, 2010

• she did a great job with the other 5 though. the three other youngest ones are 13(twins) and 12 and they are very respectful. so is my boyfriend and his older sister. no one really knows how the 4 year old became a brat. like i said she is sweet when she is happy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:23 AM on May. 1, 2010

• I know what you mean. My husbands sisters kids are crazy! And I really dont want my son to be around them because they scream and throw fits. but when he is around them I make sure to make it a point that he is not to do any of those things or time out will be called for, and it seems to help. Also my son knows how to act at home and most of the time he looks at them like they are crazy and goes off and plays with someone else. But I agree with the other post about how by the time your baby can do any of those things this child should have grown out of it. And maybe thats why you think the 13 year olds and the 12 year old is so good. Did you know them when they were 4? Hope that helps:)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on May. 1, 2010

• the child is four. perhaps its best not to pass judgment on the little girls behavior till you have a 4 yr old of yourslef. she will most likely be a different child by the time your daughter is 2.

And on another note.. are you going to hide your daughter away from everyone that does not behave according to your standards? if thats the case, your daughter will be a very lonely and isolated child. You teach your child to behave regardless of the behavior of other children.
    Anonymous

• She knew that the 4 year old was going to be her baby and spoiled her as so. My niece is the same way. She is 7 now and can kind of still be a brat but her world got interrupted by a surprise baby sister when she was 5. The other children are so much older than her she is probably used to getting what she wants. Like someone else said, hopefully she grows out of it. When your child starts school or if she goes to daycare she is going to be around all kinds of kids with all kinds of attitudes. She will learn from your parenting what is acceptable and what it not.
    Anonymous