How do you feel about women who don't wear makeup?

I know, probably a silly question. I don't wear anything but lip gloss. I haven't worn makeup regularly since I was 20. I just hate it. It's a lot of trouble, and to impress who? I feel it's become more of a competition between women to see who looks best than anything.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:49 AM on May. 1, 2010 in Just for Fun

• to each their own.. i don't wear make up too often, i usually put some on if i go to the doctor or take the kids to the doctor idk why i just do, i guess b/c that's the only time i go anywhere
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:51 AM on May. 1, 2010

• i am 25 and MAYBE wear make up like twice a year I hate it too
    Shannon706

Answer by Shannon706 at 10:51 AM on May. 1, 2010

• It sounds like a good idea!!!
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 10:58 AM on May. 1, 2010

• i have NEVER worn make up..only chapstick and i wouldn't even wear that if my lips didn't chap all the time. people are always shocked when i tell them i don't wear anything cause apparently i look like i do naturally. personally i can't stand the look of makeup, it looks like a mask
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 10:58 AM on May. 1, 2010

• I don't wear make-up but that's because i have such sensitive skin that I can never find anything that doesn't react with my skin.
    kuriequinn

Answer by kuriequinn at 11:04 AM on May. 1, 2010

• My mother is over 50 and she doesnt leave the house with out it. I was raised to always look your best. I think women that dont wear make-up dont care how they look. Like women with gray hair. Yuck. Dye that mess! Being a woman means keeping yourself up. Why would you want to look your worst? Who is attracted to that? If you look good, you feel good. Maybe that's why their men become un-intrested in them. Men are visual. I'm not talking about gobs of makeup either. No woman's skin past the age of 25 looks good. You'll look like your just one of the guys. You should always high-light your best features. If it looks like a mask, then you didnt put it on right.
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 11:06 AM on May. 1, 2010

• I don't care. I only wear makeup when we go out to dinner, or when we go to church. I don't wear it just around the house or to go to the store. My husband likes the way I look no matter what, so I don't worry about impressing a bunch of superficial people I don't even know.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 11:15 AM on May. 1, 2010

• i think i do look my best w/o any makeup...feel free to look at the pics on my profile. and yes i do care about my appearance..if i didn't i wouldn't work out all the time and watch what i eat, and wear sunscreen, and dress to flatter my best features. don't be so quick to say women who don't wear make up don't care
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 11:15 AM on May. 1, 2010

• I am with kuriequinn. If I wear make up it makes my skin break out into a rash where I pretty much scratch a layer of my skin off..so which would look better? No make up or a red,scratched up and some bloody face? I say no make up. I do however wear eye makeup. Its just the foundation and powder I cant wear.
    nsrush83

Answer by nsrush83 at 11:16 AM on May. 1, 2010

• i only wear makeup when i go out to the bar on weekends and thats the only time i wear it cause its the only time i get to go out. during the week i look like a slob.

i always wondered why people have to ask themselves who are they trying to impress...well this is my theory, not everybody is the same. i say "its the only time i get to look my best and feel good about myself." now, people like my sister in law only see it as "who you trying to impress" so therefore, she goes out with us in bulky sweatshirts and really dressing down when i know she can do better. its the BIL who has jealousy issues that cant seem to let her go out however.

i feel as thought woman who dont wear makeup just dont let anything pop. like a little mascara to make thier eyes pop wouldnt kill them or maybe some blush
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 11:21 AM on May. 1, 2010