"too quiet"?

sometimes we wish are kids would just be quiet for a little while. we would like to just have 15 mins. of peace and quiet, but when our wish comes true we feel the need to go check on them and low and behold they are doing something that gets them in trouble.
so why is it when our kids are being "too quiet" we always go check on them and they're getting into something or doing something they shouldn't be?
just a fun silly little question i wanted to ask cause it always happens to me, lol
i can hear them playing in their room the next thing i know its been "too quiet" for too long and they find something to get them selves in trouble

bikerchickmommy

Asked by bikerchickmommy at 11:09 AM on May. 1, 2010 in General Parenting

• Your totally right. I've never thought of it that way lol
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 11:19 AM on May. 1, 2010

• LOL because when the kids aren't playing too loud, fighting with each other or tattling on each other, we know they're doing something they shouldn't be and don't want to get caught. Last time it got too quiet in my home, I found tooth paste all over their beds...
    GothicMommy3

Answer by GothicMommy3 at 11:42 AM on May. 1, 2010

• so true when my son is quiet hes getting into something hes not supposed to be but sometimes ill go check on him and he wil be sleeping in his room on the floor or bed
    elias1mamma22

Answer by elias1mamma22 at 11:43 AM on May. 1, 2010

• oh I worry when they're quiet.

thats why I never minded the noisy toys....I knew EXACTLY where they were and what they were up to. lol
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 12:10 PM on May. 1, 2010

• i know what you mean my kids are sooooo loud. if they are quiet for to long i go running to their room. sometimes i find them alseep,thank god. but most of the time they are up to no good and destroying things. I call my kids the destroyers cause they play so rough and something always gets broke.
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 12:21 PM on May. 1, 2010

• When my nieces are too quiet I tend to find $100 worth of postage stamps plastered all over the wall heading upstairs. Or there was the time one of them had found my older daughter's highlighters and colored 3 walls (and the closet mirror) from bottom to - well, as far up as she could reach. Those were some high quality highlighters to cover so many square feet of wall. Luckily the other one only used them to give herself a makeover. Lol.
    BethLopez

Answer by BethLopez at 1:00 PM on May. 1, 2010

• Maybe they are just tired of being loud, annoying buttmunches at that moment.. That's how my kids get.. Once they're done annoying the sh#$ outta me, they then play quietly lol
    SinaiJ

Answer by SinaiJ at 4:18 AM on May. 4, 2010