travel list for kids

We are going to the beach for a week in one month, I have a 5 yr old, 3 yr old and 1 yr old....what are some things I need to make sure I do not forget? I know the basics like clothes and diapers but what else? We will be in the car for 9 hours.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:17 AM on May. 1, 2010 in Travel

• If your car doesn't have a DVD player I would buy a portable one that the screens strap onto the front headrests. That will help on the 9 hr drive for sure!
    bootsky

Answer by bootsky at 11:35 AM on May. 1, 2010

• Let the older kids put together a backpack or bag with travel stuff. Let them pick out what they want to take to keep occupied in the car and on down times on the vacation. For example, offer them coloring books, zippy bags with crayons (to keep them together and from coloring other stuff in the bag), picture books, color/shape flash cards, hand held games (leapster, or such), barbies or other dolls, travel cups with juice or Koolaid and safe snacks for car rides like gold fish, fruit snacks, teddy grams. All these ideas came from my own 5 year old, what she said she would bring if she was going to be in the car all day. I would also bring basic meds, such as gas drops for the baby, tylenol, diaper rash cream and such so you don't have to try to find them if you need them.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 1:09 PM on May. 1, 2010