Can someone please explain to me

how in the hell I keep getting denied for medicad but I got approved for 250$ a month in food stamps???? I don't care about 200 a month for freaking food. I care about the 9,000$ in doctors bills I have from dd because I can't get any damn insurance!!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:18 AM on May. 1, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Really??? I've got no clue on that one, unless they have different income limits? Not sure!
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 11:21 AM on May. 1, 2010

• I couldn't tell ya! I'd file an appeal. I know in IL you can file an appeal if they deny you.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 11:21 AM on May. 1, 2010

• Medicaid and Food stamps are two separate entities, with medicaid you have to basically have zero income. You can still qualify for food stamps if you have an income, it is just based on your total monthly income. They should have explained that to you. You can apply for CHP+ for your child, that also goes according to your income but you wont get it for yourself.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:37 AM on May. 1, 2010

• I'd go over your income and assets again. They may be counting something as an asset that they shouldn't. They probably also go by your income for the last three quarters or something like that so if there is income that is no longer regular income they may be looking too far back. Did they send you a letter notifying you that you have been denied Medicaid? It should have a reason. Find out from their web site or from your worker what they consider an "asset." For example, in NY State a motor vehicle can be considered an asset if there is more than (I think) one per household - though it may be two for a family of 4 I am not sure about that. Or owning a home other than the one you live in would be considered an asset too. Also if there is a Trust Fund in your name or your child's name they may be counting that as well if it is not set up as a "Special Needs Trust."
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 11:38 AM on May. 1, 2010

• OP here: My income assets: an 11 yr old with 180,000 miles on it, and a 15 yr old car with 220,000 miles on it. Dh gets for 40hrs a week min wage, i get 30 hours a week 25 cents over min wage, and we pay 550$ a month in rent. yup thats about it!
    Anonymous

• Sound like you combined income is too much to qualify to medicade, and yes the standards are different from food stamps, my situation is the complete opposite, i qualify to medicade for my children but i dont qualify for food stamps!
    Anonymous