Is ear tubes the answer?

My son has been sick alot since he was born, we found out he needed breathing treatments. But now he wakes up at night and he ear drum keeps bursting. What causes that? I know in a dr. vist before they had talked about putting tubes in hes ears. Is that the reason? All I know is that he is alot of pain and wont let anyone near his ears. Any ideas on what can help?

JackieB33

Asked by JackieB33 at 11:25 AM on May. 1, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Tubes could be very helpful for you son. The procedure is fairly quick and the recovery time short.
    MomMom23

Answer by MomMom23 at 1:02 PM on May. 1, 2010

• And a lot of times they fall out in time when the child doesn't need them anymore. They were a plus for me, my little brother, and one of my sisters.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 4:58 PM on May. 1, 2010

• I'm not sure about the ear drums bursting part, but for extremely frequent infections that don't respond to antibiotics, the tubes are amazing. My daughter is a wholly different person after them... In any case, they don't let you walk in and ask for tubes... if your son needs them, your pediatrician will recommend he see an ENT. I would get in to the pedi right away if it has been bad and isn't getting better, because there is often a wait to see the ENT and another wait to get the tubes. Good luck.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 8:42 PM on May. 1, 2010