Overwhelmed with housework and cleaning everything.

As soon as I get started I get discouraged. I like to be really organized, and so i'll arrange things 5 different times before I like it. I feel so overwhelmed. What takes a normal person 15 min to do, it takes me upwards of an hour. I can't just pick up either, I have to deep clean along the way or I feel like I've failed and it's not clean enough.
Nobody but myself puts me up to this standard...does anyone else feel this way? It's never clean enough and it's never right?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:28 AM on May. 1, 2010 in Just for Fun

• my house is clean but it not as clean as i would like it. and the reason i don't deep clean everyday is because i have two destructive kids and already know my cleaning would be in vain. so i clean for it to be a healthy household but i don't try to make things spotless. but as soon as my kids move out i going to keep my house so spotless you be able to eat off my floors
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 12:13 PM on May. 1, 2010

• Not at all. My house is clean enough to where I can walk through it and invite people over without being too embarrassed and that's it. I'm done. I like to have time playing with DD too much to worry about deep cleaning too often... Once a year I'll clean under the couch :P
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:31 AM on May. 1, 2010

• My mom is like that and she is obsessive compulsive about cleaning. I mean that literally, maybe you should get checked out.
    GothicMommy3

Answer by GothicMommy3 at 11:47 AM on May. 1, 2010

• OP: My house is "clean" but it never seems clean enough to me.
    Anonymous

• I get discouraged because 4 people are messing the house up and Im the ONE cleaning it. Arg!

You should really let some things go and set some boundaries for your kids if needed. I understand that it is very easy to get overwhelmed, mama, I know. I started down that path affter having baby #3. Try breathing and relaxing before you try to take on something. Take your time to think about things. GL!
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 2:43 PM on May. 1, 2010

• try this website...it'll change your life! www.flylady.net
    My3RaysofSun

Answer by My3RaysofSun at 3:13 PM on May. 1, 2010