How do I get my son to start listening?

I will ask him to do something, he will point his finger and say "no" uh uh...I do not know what to do. Because, he is getting into everything imaginable :(

DomiRocks1986

Asked by DomiRocks1986 at 11:33 AM on May. 1, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Be firm and consistent. Time out's or whatever you feel comfortable with, but letting him get away with that now will only cause problems later!
    mamie2shoes

Answer by mamie2shoes at 12:44 PM on May. 1, 2010

• Try redirection. Tell him he can't have/touch then point him towards something he can do. If needed, take his hand and draw him towards the new activity. Use a firm tone of voice when saying no (skip the shouting as it won't help) and use an excited tone of voice when describing the new activity. Works for us.
    Anonymous

• Good question.. I have a feeling I will be asking this one for years in advance with my daughter lol!
    Anonymous