i need help

anyone know a good resume site i can go to. My resume sucks eggs and i really need to improve it. i am sooooo not good at resumes so i need a good advice site or if any of you have any helpful tips that would be good too. its a entry level resume only year and half experience so i don't have alot to work with

symle456

Asked by symle456 at 12:07 PM on May. 1, 2010 in Money & Work

• You usually have to pay money for that kind of thing. Really even just googling resume tips will give you a LOT to work with. After you've got your resume drafted, you should register with www.jobfox.com. They have a unique job matching system, but the most valuable benefit to me is that they have a real person look at your resume and tear it to shreds via email. Ultimately they're trying to sell you their resume-writing services, but their review of your resume is free and very helpful. They don't call you to try and sell the service, either, which is a plus!
    BethLopez

Answer by BethLopez at 12:16 PM on May. 1, 2010

• There are some great books at the local library on writing resumes, things to include, things to avoid. When I did mine, I consulted 4-5 books and then sat down to write mine. If you know anyone that is in Human Resources, they would probably be a really good person to consult.

Answer by missanc at 9:26 PM on May. 1, 2010

• Head on over to Craigslist, scroll down to the Resumes section and find you a new style!! I just looked around for different features that others used then put on what I liked.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:32 PM on May. 1, 2010

• I do career and job search coaching. I am always happy to help CafeMoms (at no charge) with resumes, job search strategy, cover letters, etc. Send me a message offlist if you would like me to review your resume.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:08 PM on May. 1, 2010

• I was a hiring mgr and have looked at lots of resume's and I've done training for "beginners' to teach them administrative skills, resume building, interview coaching etc. ... If you like, you can send me a message and your resume', and we'll spruce it up!

Message me if you would like help! :-)

You can also check job sites like Monster.com, Jobster and places like that .. they have a resume template that you fill out.
    Also, especially if you are a beginner, don't forget any NON JOB skills you may have, such as volunteer work. If you have organizational skills, are detail oriented, did filing or copying for someone, stuff like that.
    MaryJacobs

Answer by MaryJacobs at 11:30 PM on May. 1, 2010

• You can go to fiverr.com and there are people on there that will fix your resume for you for $5.
    pageantgirl3

Answer by pageantgirl3 at 9:15 PM on May. 2, 2010