Is it that unreasonable for me to need help?!

I am stressed. SO stressed in fact that I went to the ER with chest pain. I have a chronic history of pleurisy which causes that. It feels like knife to the heart type pain. The doctor wanted to be sure that nothing else was going on, so I got the full work up, as if I was having a heart attack! It scared the shite out of me! I am 29 years old, probably NOT having a heart attack, but they had to be safe. I took nitro pill, EKG all that stuff. I was there til 3am this morning. Then I had to go pick up my 10 month old because heaven forbid some one baby sit while I'm in excrutiating pain. Now I am home and my older kids are at my MIL's house. She WON'T bring them home and she WON'T come get my baby. I am about to go pick them up myself. How am I supposed to take the medicine prescribed for pain and "rest" like the doctor said if I can't get any one to help me?! Is it too much to ask for a little help?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:15 PM on May. 1, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I totally understand your frustration. It's so hard to be sick when your the mama. A little help would be nice and you would think that family would be there to help. I hope you feel better.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 1:29 PM on May. 1, 2010

• Wow, it's like you expect it? Seems like they are helping if your older kids are somewhere other than with you???......
    Anonymous

• Uh, no, I don't expect any damn thing from anyone. It is NOT doing me anything to have my older kids being watched. They are 10 and 7 and don't need the attention a baby needs.
    Anonymous

• Just seems like the LOGICAL thing to do when some one goes to the ER, has no DH here (he's in Iraq) to help, the doctor prescribes narcotics for pain management...would be to at least bring the older kids home to help me with the baby. It was 3am when I was released from the ER with strict instructions to rest and not to do too much. It wouldn't have hurt anything for my sleeping baby to stay where he was, either.
    Anonymous

• No, I do not think that it is too much to expect to have someone help while you are ill. We all need help sometimes. Feel better Mamma.
    Anonymous

• OP here~ I went and picked up my kids. They are the ONLY people who ever help me with any thing any way. I told my MIL that I would be getting a stress test on Monday and that I'd need a sitter. She said, "Oh well I hope it turns out okay," and totally blew me off. I have no one to watch my youngest son for the stress test. My older kids have to go to school so I can possibly get someone to pick them up for school. I don't EVER ask for a sitter so I don't understand why it's so difficult to get a sitter when I need one for health reasons.
    Anonymous

• Thank you. I don't ever expect any thing from people. I am just really frustrated that the one time I actually NEED help I can't get it.
    Anonymous

• DH had to take off work the WHOLE day to stay with DS for my OB appt because no one would watch him. I know it was a Monday, but I had 2 family members that had 4 day weekends and could have kept him for the hour I was there.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 2:59 PM on May. 1, 2010

• It really bothers me that I do for every one else but no one wants to help me. I'll be damned if I go out of my way for anyone again.
    Anonymous