What does the bible say about seeing the future? is this a gift from the devil?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:49 PM on May. 1, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• The bible talks about the gift of prophesy. There are prophets still...but they are overshadowed by goofballs wanting money.
    Anonymous

• and the church never wants money do they
    Anonymous

• A church that wants money to actively do it's work is not evil. A church that simply constantly asks for money is wrong.
    Anonymous

• a church cannot survive without money from its members. It needs money to keep the building running, to keep its staff etc. Infact God w=tells us we should be tithing, and He does bless people for tithing.
    As far as telling thr future... God reveals some things to some people, like said above its called the gift of prophecy, but you also have to be careful because there are false prophets out there too.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 1:21 PM on May. 1, 2010

• Leviticus 19:26: "You shall not eat any flesh with the blood in it. You shall not practice augury or witchcraft.
    Leviticus 19:31: "Do not turn to mediums or wizards; do not seek them out, to be defiled by them: I am the LORD your God.
    Leviticus 20:6: "If a person turns to mediums and wizards, playing the harlot after them, I will set my face against that person, and will cut him off from among his people.
    Leviticus 6:27: "A man or a woman who is a medium or a wizard shall be put to death; they shall be stoned with stones, their blood shall be upon them."
    Deuteronomy 18:10-11: There shall not be found among you any one who burns his son or his daughter as an offering, any one who practices divination, a soothsayer, or an augur, or a sorcerer or a charmer, or a medium, or a wizard, or a necromancer.
    1 Samuel 28:7-20, 2 Kings 17:17, 2 Chronicles 33:6......there's more but that's a start for you so you get an idea.
    Anonymous

• The bible says that there will be no more prophecies and Jesus warns of false prophets. Matt 7:15-23, Mark 13:21-23,
    Really, if you think about it, Jesus has told us all we need to know about our future in the bible, so why would any common person tell us anything otherwise. THis is just my rationalizing.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 1:23 PM on May. 1, 2010

• I agree with 3gigglemonsters. We have all we need and more in Jesus Christ and in the word.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 3:05 PM on May. 1, 2010

• The bible does not say there will be no prophecies dunno where your getting that from but it does talk about false prophets so think of it this way.. if their are false prophets of today dont you think there are real ones too? Where there is a counterfiet there is always a real thing.
    I have the gift of prophecy and I use mine to encourage people. So does that make me false? No If the words spoken line up with the word of God then it is from God, if it does not its either from ourselves or from the devil himself.
    Yes you can be given future events but it depends on who its from whether it is good or not. If your tapping into the demonic realm it is evil, if your tapping into the Heavenly Realm then its not evil. Gods words ALWAYS line up with His written word. The prophecies today are to build up and encourage the body of Christ to be the Bride she is called to be!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 3:12 PM on May. 1, 2010

• Jesus also said to his disciples... the works I do , greater works you will do... what does that say to you?
    John 14:11-13 (New American Standard Bible)

11"Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father is in Me; otherwise believe because of the works themselves.

12"Truly, truly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do, he will do also; and greater works than these he will do; because I go to the Father.

13"Whatever you ask in My name, that will I do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

Read all that Jesus did and we will do much greater then that because He sent Holy Spirit to not just be around us but in us with Fire.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 3:15 PM on May. 1, 2010

• Prophets are not overshadowed by those wanting money but by those that choose to believe they do not exist on the earth today.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 3:16 PM on May. 1, 2010